Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2021 10:29:48 PM EDT
Any guardsmen care to weigh in on this?

Does the recent EO by Ducey cover the NG? Does it trump DoD requirements?

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 7:54:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 12:12:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Guessing the details are yet to be seen.  The EO was just signed, the TAG probably hasn’t had time to review it as of yet.  But it is an interesting idea, since guardsmen not on title 10 would be considered state employees, not federal.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 10:10:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Being a guardsman for 25+ years, we tend to be looked at as a sort of neither fish nor fowl group.
When convenient for whatever politicians are in power , we are a “state force”
At other times we are a “federal force” depending on what political winds are blowing.
From my experience the guard has to fall in line with dod mandates
Otherwise training opportunities budget money, etc get withheld.
Ultimately we are a force designed to augment active forces in time of war, which means medical readiness wise we need to be on the same page
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 10:57:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Being a guardsman for 25+ years, we tend to be looked at as a sort of neither fish nor fowl group.
At other times we are a “federal force” depending on what political winds are blowing.
Ultimately we are a force designed to augment active forces in time of war, which means medical readiness wise we need to be on the same page
View Quote

Honestly, I think it depends on whether Ducey decides to fight it or not.  He might do it as a “look at me I’m standing up to the Democrats”, or he might choose to ignore it, and there will be nothing you can do about it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 11:37:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

The budget issue is probably the largest pain point DoD has over the guard. You start classifying Soldiers as MRC3’s you’ll quickly lose deployable status.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top