Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2021 5:16:38 PM EDT
Title sums it up -- my house has a half-assed backup generator installation that looks DIY and can't be close to code
(the interlock is two breakers opposing each other, tied together with 12 AWG wire, and the generator input is 100+ feet
of rubber coated wire strung from the outside panel, through the crawlspace, and into the garage.)

I'm looking to tap the low pressure side of the propane regulator as it's coming into the house with an appropriate
T, cut-off valve, pipe etc. That will feed a generator with a propane conversion kit installed. I'm big on DIY but have no
propane experience and I want to do a permit for the generator install with a licensed propane plumber.

Also looking to bring the transfer panel up to code or replace it with a new one. There's also a fair bit of odds and ends
work on the electrical side -- some abandoned 240V heater outlets I'd like to be switched to 120V, and one of my
panels buzzes like a mofo when the AC is on.

I've been looking online and got one referral from the propane company, but the guy was unlicensed and had multiple
lawsuits. At least a half-dozen of the propane plumbers I've check out have similar issues.

Looking to do it right, not do it cheap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top