Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2021 4:40:33 PM EDT
I feel like it's Caddyshack around here.

I'm not in an area to shoot them with a 22LR, my pellet gun is junk.

Everything for sale is a repellant.

I need them dead.

What do you use?

UPDATE:  If you can’t use 22LR, if your pellet gun is junk, if you don’t want to use poison, GIANT DESTROYERS are the way to go.  They’re dead Jim.  WARNING:  Do not use under shed with wood floor, you might burn it down.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 5:19:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Rat traps if you can be sure pets aren't going to get near them. Don't use poisons, they almost
always end up killing way more than you intended, including predators that are helping keep the
ground squirrel population down.

Some of the repellents really do work. I had issues with them and ended up bombing the problem
areas with mass quantities of cayenne pepper and they really didn't want to play in those areas
anymore. They also didn't seem to care for cat piss laden kitty litter.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 6:02:06 PM EDT
[#2]
A couple of old, mean-assed cats.

I don't mind it when they bring me a gift, but the wife screams like a little girl.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 6:55:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Remove any and all underbrush that they can use for cover and the local predators will do their job. After that, suppressed .22 or a better pellet gun.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 8:22:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 9:50:31 PM EDT
[#5]
The two things I found to work the best, other than shooting, are using a wire live trap baited with peanut butter or fruit.  If you can find the hole use Giant Destroyers.  Put the destroyer in the hole as deep as you can still light it, light it, and cover the hole as quickly as possible with sand.  I usually added a longer fuse to it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 1:55:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

This Badboy is out of my price range.
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 1:55:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The two things I found to work the best, other than shooting, are using a wire live trap baited with peanut butter or fruit.  If you can find the hole use Giant Destroyers.  Put the destroyer in the hole as deep as you can still light it, light it, and cover the hole as quickly as possible with sand.  I usually added a longer fuse to it.
View Quote

I'm going for Giant Destroyers.  It just seems right.

I'll report back.
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 8:58:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've had great luck with the live trap technique,  and then shooting them with my air rifle.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 1:27:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Had issues with these things chewing wires under the hood of our vehicles. I tried everything from scenets to those flashing/noise makers that hook to your car battery.  

This is what worked

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C4J2T9D?tag=arfcom00-20
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 1:58:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Rat poison.  I had one tearing up my retaining wall and put down three green bricks of rat poison.  Next day all three gone.  No more squirrel.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 7:43:01 PM EDT
[#11]
UPDATE in OP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top