Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2021 7:18:19 PM EDT
This little dog walked into our house last week, it must be a stray, we couldn’t find the owners and no chip or collar. It was neglected and her hair was all matted and full of thorns looked like a dirty mop on deaths doorstep

But she is a good dog, really friendly, loves being petted. Trained to go to bathroom outside. Doesn’t bark, walks on a leash very well. Alerts to noise at the front door. Only bad trait is she likes to run out the front door which is probably how she became a stray.

I can’t keep her. And I hate to take her to a shelter.

I’m in west valley but I will travel a ways to meet someone for a good home.

Link Posted: 7/7/2021 8:44:55 PM EDT
[#1]
She's somebody's little baby, for sure.

Please give a little effort to find her previous home.  Post a few pictures on places near where you found her.

If not, find her a good home.  Shelters are the worst thing in the world for them.  I'm a sucker for furbabies.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 11:40:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish I could help.  But wife unit doesn't want a dog and we have 3 cats already.  Maybe it got spooked July 4 and bolted.  Try finding the owner first with flyers or such.  Good on ya taking her in even of just a little while.

Link Posted: 7/8/2021 12:15:16 PM EDT
[#3]
The dog looks recently groomed so the owner probably takes it to a local shop. You can send them photos and they may know the owner.

Also you can have animal control scan for a chip to see who the owner is.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 9:42:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The dog looks recently groomed so the owner probably takes it to a local shop. You can send them photos and they may know the owner.

Also you can have animal control scan for a chip to see who the owner is.
View Quote

I had it groomed, her hair was so dirty and matted they had to shave her very short.

Already scanned and no chip.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 10:47:23 PM EDT
[#5]
approx weight and age?

are you on next door?  its great for finding lost pets, doubt that little guy could have made it far...
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 11:26:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
approx weight and age?

are you on next door?  its great for finding lost pets, doubt that little guy could have made it far...
View Quote

10-12lbs maybe 7-10 years old? Hard to say. Posted a few things but nothing.

I think my parents are going to keep her though, she’s been so good with then. Ive been stopping by every few days to give her a good walk/run.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 7:16:53 PM EDT
[#7]
well good to hear.  looking for another dog, size is good but a little younger would be better...  if it doesnt work out with your parents please repost.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top