Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/8/2021 9:58:44 AM EDT
will they get any traction on this and win?

douche bag Kozachik says:

Very simply, it means that the state is nullifying federal law as it relates to guns in the state of Arizona,” said Ward 6 City Council member Steve Kozachik.

Kozachik asked for and received time at the council’s June 8, 2021 study session to see if he can convince enough of his colleagues on the council to pass a resolution saying the city will not abide by the state law and confront the state over the issue.

https://www.kold.com/2021/06/08/tucson-take-state-over-2nd-amendment/

https://www.kold.com/2021/06/08/tucson-take-state-over-2nd-amendment/

Link Posted: 6/8/2021 1:28:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Not like Tucson doesn’t have a million more pressing issues. I hate that douche and the mayor too.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 1:52:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Funny how liberals never care about federal law when they are stomping all over it to help illegals, our enemies or anyone but law abiding citizens.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 1:59:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not like Tucson doesn’t have a million more pressing issues. I hate that douche and the mayor too.
View Quote

like the homeless tents all over town? saw one dude in a 2 person tent literally camped on ft lowel before stone, next to the concrete sidewalk and in front of  a small  house.

the stupid libs dont care about cleaning that up.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 3:23:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Local cops won't respond to calls and it gets worse as they lose more personnel.  Mayor and Chief are both cunts that won't support them.

There is no way they will do anything to enforce federal gun laws, they don't have the resources.  This is just a dog whistle to the rest of their commie base.

It wastes taxpayer dollars for litigation, and they have no problem burning the money.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 6:35:15 PM EDT
[#5]
edited

Tucson decided to enact an ordnance that conflicted with State law, late 90's.
"No guns in City parks".

There was a test "arrest" by advocates of Brassroots which I believe brought the issue to State attention, iirc.

After it was said & done, carry was permitted in parks by anyone with a ccw.

City of Tucson v Ken Rineer

Link Posted: 6/9/2021 12:02:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Tucson did a similar thing while trying to completely ban gun shows.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 5:42:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
edited

"No guns in City parks".

There was a test "arrest" by advocates of Brassroots which I believe brought the issue to State attention, iirc.

View Quote

I remember that - I was a member of Brassroots briefly.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 9:17:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
edited

"No guns in City parks".

same here. for the time they were quite effective considering their numbers.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:21:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Someone needs to send that guy a copy of the Supremacy Clause.  The new law doesn't do anything to nullify jack shit.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 3:19:08 PM EDT
[#10]
It would be no different than the new marijuana law that goes against federal law. If they do make any headway with it then it opens a whole can of worms for other laws that follow the same path so IMO it won’t go far
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 6:00:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same. I worked with Ken when we were both in the 357th Fighter Squadron at DMAFB.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 9:36:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Same. I worked with Ken when we were both in the 357th Fighter Squadron at DMAFB.
View Quote

The one meeting I remember most was at Foothills Mall when they were showing off the Braveheart prop sword.
I hope Tucson loses, and loses HUGE. I left the city of my birth years ago and never looked back.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 10:40:40 AM EDT
[#13]
I don’t live in Tucson, but I have to go there occasionally for VA appointments and in supply runs. You can’t pay me to live there. The county and city are hell bent on destroying it and then giving it to the illegals.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top