Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2021 6:36:35 PM EDT
Already have two 25,000+ acre fires burning East of me, and it’s not even really started to be the worse time of the year for them.
It’s going to get really bad, especially once we get into July.
Hwy 60 is closed between Superior and Globe, Top of the World/Oak Flats is being evacuated and the town of Superior on standby for evac order.

Link Posted: 6/6/2021 7:07:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I think it’s going to be REALLY bad, but California is going to be even worse.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 7:38:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't even plant a garden this spring - I figured that I would go broke watering it....
As much as I like fresh garden tomatoes, the cost to water and the actual lack of water reserves just isn't worth it this year.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 8:23:53 PM EDT
[#3]
The view from Florence, that’s all smoke, not clouds.

Link Posted: 6/6/2021 10:05:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The view from Florence, that’s all smoke, not clouds.

https://i.imgur.com/zn3Ha7B.jpg
View Quote

Yeah, totally looked like a thunderhead from Chandler, but I knew it was smoke.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 2:19:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 5:17:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, Big Wash area burned back in late April, really not a bad thing, it was so overgrown it was inevitable and it’ll be back in a couple of years.

Today’s update…
Telegraph fire has grown from approx. 26,000 acres to 56,000 since yesterday, evacuation orders now in place for Miami area, containment at less than 10%.

Link Posted: 6/7/2021 5:46:09 PM EDT
[#7]
This year we will probably be OK, since last year it burned right up to the edge of our property.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 3:32:08 AM EDT
[#8]
I may get hate for this...

This is how mother nature takes care of the land

It will grow back

Just hate to see homes lost and pets killed.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 3:45:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I may get hate for this...

This is how mother nature takes care of the land

It will grow back

Just hate to see homes lost and pets killed.
View Quote

It's not mother nature when some jack ass starts it accidentally or purposefully.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 12:39:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It's not mother nature when some jack ass starts it accidentally or purposefully.
View Quote

EXACTLY
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 3:18:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

EXACTLY

Yet it is, if no drought then the fires wouldn't hit the magnitude they have been in this environment.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 9:10:57 PM EDT
[#12]
We had to evac last month from the Flag fire up in the Haulapai Mountains southeast of Kingman. Second major fire in a year. Came so close to the homes that one person lost a shed. Hopefully this burn acts as a natural fire break for a year or two.

Widely published photo of this fire. The ranger station shown is less than a mile from the houses towards the fire.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 9:34:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Looks like these two might merge, can’t even see the sun for all the smoke.

Link Posted: 6/16/2021 8:13:30 PM EDT
[#14]
And merged, combined over 210,000 acres, seems to be progressing in a Westerly direction.

Link Posted: 6/17/2021 11:18:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 5:48:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

If not a jackass then a lightning strike. Fuel load + aridity = fire about to happen.

I'm not saying we should be reckless, but let's be real here.

Quoted:
Sad. That whole area around Mineral Mountain is my old "stomping grounds". It will never be the same.
View Quote

That areas been burned countless times over the millennia. In a few years, it will be just fine. Every biome in this state has adapted to tolerate periodic burnings.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 6:04:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That areas been burned countless times over the millennia. In a few years, it will be just fine. Every biome in this state has adapted to tolerate periodic burnings.
View Quote

Yup.. even the drive up 87 to Payson is looking decent from the fire last year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top