Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/3/2021 11:18:09 AM EDT
Total Wine store Tucson Park Place Mall, Friday, 1530.  This store, has mostly not done stupid things in the past year.  On Friday I had already made my selections and was headed to the checkout, when I had a mask-ken manager began to follow me, telling me to put on a mask.  I told him no thank you.  I told him the governor lifted the mask mandate.  I asked him if he wanted me to leave.  I told him to stop being an asshole.  

As I was checking out, still mask free, he confronted me again and said I would no longer be allowed to come into the store if I didn't put on a mask.  I completed my purchase and left.  

You see, Total Wine has a toll-free corporate complaint line and they answer the phone quickly.  The phone guy was very receptive and said they were receiving a bunch of complaints.  Their mask communism is a nation wide corporate policy.  I suggested that they fix it and they are placing their managers in a dangerous place, trying to enforce a rule that isn't based on current statistics or any science.  I also asked him what numbers or time frame would be needed to stop this foolishness, or if they intended to continue this forever.

I also pointed out that telling me what useless face covering I needed is no different than telling me what hat to wear, or what color shirt would be allowed in the store, and that the policy was purely discriminatory.

If people don't complain and make these people uncomfortable, this will never end.

ETA: Costco, also had not played stupid games like this, until the week the governor lifted the mandate.  I made it the length of the store before a manager came running over to tell me to put on a mask.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:36:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Why did you even waste your breath on calling? They can do whatever they please. And no it’s not discriminatory.

You know how you effect change? Stop shopping there.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:51:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why did you even waste your breath on calling? They can do whatever they please. And no it’s not discriminatory.

You know how you effect change? Stop shopping there.
View Quote
Nothing else to do on the drive home, car phone makes this easy.

I bitched about them only having wine coupons.  They now have coupons and member discounts for other things.  Apparently they listen.

Yes, it is discriminatory.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 5:53:07 PM EDT
[#3]
You bitched to a store because they didn’t have coupons for stuff you like? ….. woooowwwww

Link Posted: 5/3/2021 6:35:40 PM EDT
[#4]
i'm surprised you got through check out. i made it all the way up there without one and the checker cunt said i needed one for check out.

i always go in there without and make them hunt me down and bring me one.

crazy part is, they didnt start this shit until this year. all of 2020 i went in without. the Pima county board and the Va-gina need to go.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 8:04:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Shoulda stocked up yer cart and left it in the checkout line since they really don't want your money. But, good job showing them by calling a customer complaint line that doesn't care about your opinion.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 8:45:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Right now i prefer to spemd my money in a store that does not have a sign stating they are needed or no sign at all.Stores i go to had them but removed them after mandate was lifted while others still have the sign so now skip those ones.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 1:47:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You bitched to a store because they didn’t have coupons for stuff you like? ….. woooowwwww
View Quote
Because they had cooopuns for stuff I didn't ever buy.  Killing trees for no reason.  Gotta be green and shit.  I emailed their hotline, so I didn't affect any local feels.

Their competitor had cooopuns for everything, and Total Wine was taking those cooopuns because they didn't print their own.

I was simply helping them with marketing.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 2:01:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Because they had cooopuns for stuff I didn't ever buy.  Killing trees for no reason.  Gotta be green and shit.  I emailed their hotline, so I didn't affect any local feels.

Their competitor had cooopuns for everything, and Total Wine was taking those cooopuns because they didn't print their own.

I was simply helping them with marketing.
View Quote

You are a Karen….. don’t try to minimize or make light of the Bitchen you actually did….
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 2:55:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You are a Karen….. don’t try to minimize or make light of the Bitchen you actually did….
View Quote
You are not my manager.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 9:39:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You are not my manager.
View Quote

Yup I’m glad too! I’d fire you in a heart beat.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 1:22:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
IF your aunt had balls, she'd be your uncle.

Link Posted: 5/6/2021 8:34:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

And?  Hire a piece of shit, mindless lamb?

Shirley, You Jest, no?
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 1:29:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

IF your aunt had balls, she'd be your uncle.

https://i.imgur.com/AVKOE51.gif
View Quote

Serious question: if my uncle used to wear fancy blouses and wigs and make me dig for the change in his deep pockets that was never there, can I say it was my aunt to bury the shame?
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:23:09 AM EDT
[#14]
I don’t go anywhere with a stupid mask on on, ever. I made it through Costco twice no mask and other places. These places bet get used to it. The Governor ended all restrictions
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 10:23:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I don’t go anywhere with a stupid mask on on, ever. I made it through Costco twice no mask and other places. These places bet get used to it. The Governor ended all restrictions
View Quote
The only time Costco ever fucked with me was the week the gov ended the restrictions.  It was probably a virtuously dedicated liberal manager that sucked Huckleballs, wanting to keep the doom and control machine ramped up.

In previous months, there were always a good amount of people without masks.  At the end of all this, the sheep are very well conditioned and maskholes are everywhere.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 10:40:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The only time Costco ever fucked with me was the week the gov ended the restrictions.  It was probably a virtuously dedicated liberal manager that sucked Huckleballs, wanting to keep the doom and control machine ramped up.

In previous months, there were always a good amount of people without masks.  At the end of all this, the sheep are very well conditioned and maskholes are everywhere.
View Quote

It is only the liberal areas that care about masks, like Pima County and Tucson. Where I live, all the stores are maskless to include employees. No plexiglass or anything.

What really sucks, is that I want to take the kids to the desert museum, zoo, aquarium in Phoenix, and other places, but I refuse to put a mask on my kids, or myself. Wife feels the same as I do
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 12:06:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Went to two Home Depots maskless to observe lumber inventory and search for fence pickets.  I walked mask free in both stores with no issues at all.  The cages their employees work in are ridiculous.

Successfully acquired fence pickets:

I went to a Total Wine on Oracle, same parking lot as the Home D, walked maskless by at least 5 uniformed employees, and checked out without a peep.  

Peeps need to get the ball rolling or the Fauci parishioners will try to keep us masked forever.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 8:21:35 PM EDT
[#18]
The Sprouts Farmer's Market on Lake Pleasant in Peoria, now has a uniformed security dork standing at the door to make sure you are wearing a mask prior to entry.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:37:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:37:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Went to two Home Depots maskless to observe lumber inventory and search for fence pickets.  I walked mask free in both stores with no issues at all.  The cages their employees work in are ridiculous.  

I went to a Total Wine on Oracle, same parking lot as the Home D, walked maskless by at least 5 uniformed employees, and checked out without a peep.  

Peeps need to get the ball rolling or the Fauci parishioners will try to keep us masked forever.
View Quote

I refuse to wear a mask or put a mask on my kids. Period, end of story. I asked the zoo and desert museum if they discriminate against those who cannot wear one for medical reasons. The aquarium said they don’t discriminate against anyone and will allow us to go as normal humans.

ERP, I’d you are ever in the Sonoita area, hit me up
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 12:59:38 PM EDT
[#21]
I was wearing one at Safeway in CG because they asked - I stopped two trips ago and not one person has said squat. Went to a Dollar General with HUGE "Mask Required" sign - the only people NOT masked in the store were the employees. No more face panties for me.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 1:11:06 PM EDT
[#22]
I went to two shops yesterday. At one shop they asked us if we would feel more comfortable if they wore masks. We donned masks before entering. Conditioning.

I said, Fuck no. The guy laughed. We pulled the snot rags off.

This shit is getting old.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 1:41:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 9:43:54 PM EDT
[#24]
I went to Walmart and Ace today. They took down all their signs, all their changes in the flow of traffic. The vast majority of employees were not wearing masks. There are people with two year olds, masks on their faces, standing next to Walmart employee not wearing a mask. The amount of people who wear masks outside here baffles me. Outside, by themselves, or in their car, by themselves wearing a mask
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 11:44:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Man, you really showed them by still giving them your money!

Instead of finding a business who aligns with your philosophy you chose to give money to the one who doesn’t.

Some real big brain thinking right there.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 2:06:13 PM EDT
[#26]
People will not stop this controlled and conditioned activity until they are told to do so.  

Or, you can just shut up and keep on wearing a useless mask for eternity.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 2:20:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Costco just changed their mask policy.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 5:39:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Went to the Dollar General this morning, BIG mask sign...not one person wearing one inside, employee or customer.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 6:09:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Local UPS store doesn't give a shit.

Link Posted: 5/17/2021 10:14:59 AM EDT
[#30]
There is no more mask mandate. The Governor got rid of it over a month ago. Then, the CDC, who everyone bases their policies on, said no more masks.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 12:49:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
There is no more mask mandate. The Governor got rid of it over a month ago. Then, the CDC, who everyone bases their policies on, said no more masks.
View Quote
Yet some of the corporate world still clings to it.  This is what we are discussing.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 9:28:32 AM EDT
[#32]
If people are fully vaccinated then why do they care if non-vaccinated people don't wear masks?  It is not about a virus, it is about control, and the great division continues.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 10:35:13 AM EDT
[#33]
I just reply " No thanks I want to live".  When they answer back mask is for that.  I just say not according to my doctor for me.  That normally stops them.  If they if push it past that I say that I have been recovering from pneumonia and that mask promotes concentration of things that will kill me.  By that point they normally have decided that I know more than them and run away.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 2:48:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I just reply " No thanks I want to live".  When they answer back mask is for that.  I just say not according to my doctor for me.  That normally stops them.  If they if push it past that I say that I have been recovering from pneumonia and that mask promotes concentration of things that will kill me.  By that point they normally have decided that I know more than them and run away.
View Quote

Honestly the only place that gave me a hard time was Starbucks. They wanted me to wait outside for my drink. I told them I will not be discriminated against and treated like a second class citizen because I am medically unable to wear a mask. I thought you guys were all about inclusion and treating everyone with respect. They served me
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 10:06:44 PM EDT
[#35]
the is an ace hardware in oro valley that had a sign up: NO MASK NO SERVICE

i’d been in there mask free the whole year without issues but decided to confront them about about last week but it was gone. kinda disappointed as i was looking forward to the convo with the mgr.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 10:16:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Honestly the only place that gave me a hard time was Starbucks. They wanted me to wait outside for my drink. I told them I will not be discriminated against and treated like a second class citizen because I am medically unable to wear a mask. I thought you guys were all about inclusion and treating everyone with respect. They served me
View Quote

Starbucks, really?

I can't stand the nuts/fruits/flakes that frequent that place, and their philosophy.  Did you get a 'happy ending' while waiting for your over-inflated cup of 'commie coffee'?
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 12:03:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Went to the Office Max last week to get shipping supplies to mail an AR upper. Typical “masks required” signs out front. Ignored them and went inside (maskless of course) and found the supplies I needed. As I was walking towards the cashier an elderly couple walked in maskless as well. An employee immediately intercepted them with a box of masks in her hand. She asked them to mask up and they politely refused. She then asked for them to leave. I’m feet away and cashing out and the cashier said nothing to me. Paid and as I was walking out I heard them conversing about kicking the old couple out. Sad really.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 4:47:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Went to the Office Max last week to get shipping supplies to mail an AR upper. Typical “masks required” signs out front. Ignored them and went inside (maskless of course) and found the supplies I needed. As I was walking towards the cashier an elderly couple walked in maskless as well. An employee immediately intercepted them with a box of masks in her hand. She asked them to mask up and they politely refused. She then asked for them to leave. I’m feet away and cashing out and the cashier said nothing to me. Paid and as I was walking out I heard them conversing about kicking the old couple out. Sad really.
View Quote

Selective enforcement like this just further shows how much BS it all is.   The likelihood of a "mask enforcer" to engage someone into compliance seems to correlate directly with how little resistance they expect to encounter.  Ends up being a product of perceived disparity in situational dominance/authority between the enforcer and the "offender".  

The greater the "fuck around and find out" vibe that one effectively projects, the less likely they are to challenged.  

It's a dynamic that plays out continuously in all areas of social interaction, not just with respect to mask-nazis.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 5:48:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Starbucks, really?

I can't stand the nuts/fruits/flakes that frequent that place, and their philosophy.  Did you get a 'happy ending' while waiting for your over-inflated cup of 'commie coffee'?
View Quote

Dutch Brothers for the win. MUCH better coffee and scenery.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 11:36:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

You, sir, are correct.
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 4:59:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don’t regularly go to Starbucks. There was one by the Costco that I go to and I needed a pick me up.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 10:50:23 AM EDT
[#42]
No more masks at the county range.  Went on Sunday, a lighter than normal crowd was present with no wait times.  Only two shooters in the place had a mask on.  They did have a sign that said "no mask required for the fully vaccinated" but nobody asked or checked anything.

Went to a couple grocers over the weekend and Serial Grillers.  It appears their management is forcing employees to continue to mask, no requirement for customers.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 1:52:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Man, you really showed them by still giving them your money!

Instead of finding a business who aligns with your philosophy you chose to give money to the one who doesn't.

Some real big brain thinking right there.
View Quote
Yep, I would have filled the cart, one of this, one of that, including the bottom rack. Never more than one of each item, and from all over the store. Then I would have left said cart so some schmuck would need to return all the items to the shelves.

Not that I have ever done this before.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 4:43:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
ETA: Costco, also had not played stupid games like this, until the week the governor lifted the mandate.  I made it the length of the store before a manager came running over to tell me to put on a mask.
View Quote

Meh, I remember when Costco started that nonsense, and they had someone at the entrance handing masks to people who didn't have one.  I just waved and said "No thank you!" very loudly and walked past.  It was funny watching all of the frightened sheep peering out at a scary world over their silly little face diaper.  Of course, those bleating sheep wound up running the show later on, but still...
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 4:44:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
i'm surprised you got through check out. i made it all the way up there without one and the checker cunt said i needed one for check out.
View Quote

That one's easy... laugh, say "OK!" and walk away, leaving your cart there.

I've told a couple of people, "Do you want masks, or do you want money?  Because you can't have both."
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 4:49:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
No more masks at the county range.  Went on Sunday, a lighter than normal crowd was present with no wait times.  Only two shooters in the place had a mask on.  They did have a sign that said "no mask required for the fully vaccinated" but nobody asked or checked anything.
View Quote

I identify as fully vaccinated.  Have pronouns and everything!
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 8:46:02 AM EDT
[#47]
I went to Fry's on Tatum and Shea the other day.

I would estimate 60% of the people there were not wearing masks.

It is nice to see faces again.

Link Posted: 6/10/2021 4:07:46 PM EDT
[#48]
I was just in the El-Costco off I10 in Tucson.  Greeter had no mask, none on employees, about 1/3 of the patrons had them on.  Progress. Motherfuckers no longer carry Grey Poupon, so it is truly a store of the poors.

Went to a Great Clips on Valencia and Nexus last night and they would not let me in without a mask, even though their corporate said the shit was over.  Just the in store Karens trying to keep it going.  I told them that it was no longer necessary and I left.

Went to my usual Sport Clips today, no masks on employees, none required.  Almost back to normal.

As I mentioned, if you don't complain and give bad reviews, these assholes will keep this up forever, and won't be afraid to do it again at the next plandemic.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 3:37:12 PM EDT
[#49]
ACE Hardware at Scottsdale and Shea still requires a mask.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 9:41:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Something interesting I noticed here in Casa Grande. There are more and more people going mask free, but what is REALLY interesting is about 10% of those with freedom face are also carrying openly. MUCh higher percentage than I used to see since we went CCW in 1994 and Constitutional Carry in 2010. It's almost like they are making a statement, you think?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top