Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2021 10:42:37 PM EDT
I'm sick to death with these f*cking masks.  Any grocery stores in the north valley that don't require a muzzle?
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 10:50:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Im in peoria went to frys sign were still up but not enforced.Went to bashas sign at the door use to say required for entry,It now says mask are recomended.Yes its been great to remove the mouth muzzle.It was slow at night but i did see one other without one too.

Other stores i have been to that removed signs Local ace and employess are not wearing them, O reilys not required for customers but employees still wear them.Only ones i have been too lately
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 11:03:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven’t walked into a Basha’s that is actually enforcing it, I believe their signs “recommend” masks.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 12:20:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven’t walked into a Basha’s that is actually enforcing it, I believe their signs “recommend” masks.
View Quote

Like said local one sign went from required to recomended which is good to see.I know they asked youto wear one when the sign said rewuired for entry.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 3:24:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Fry's by me never enforced it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 11:57:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Fry's by me never enforced it.
View Quote

My experience as well, though I tend to go later in the evening.

Sir James...
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 1:33:28 PM EDT
[#6]
They're all going to have a sign if they're a store owned by a big corp which most if not all are.  Not all are ENFORCING it.

Step 1    Put mask in pocket

Step 2    Go to store

Step 3    Enter store and shop until done OR store employee asks you to wear a mask

Step 4    IF asked to wear a mask, choose to wear a mask (it's in your pocket remember?) and continue shopping or refuse and leave store (if they press the issue)

Step 5    Leave store with or without your shit depending on how step 3 and 4 went

Local Fry's by me does not appear to give a shit.  I suggest you avoid Whole Foods, Trader Joes, and Sprouts.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 3:29:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Walmart wont force anybody to wear a mask.

I went shopping there the other day, and the greeter decided to get froggy about it.  I asked him if it's required, he said it wasn't.  I did my shopping breathing freely.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 5:19:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Unless you have to or actually enjoy the grocery store, use the pick up option.  No waiting in lines, provided they even have enough cashiers, no waiting on someone to bag your groceries or do it yourself and no wandering through isles with dumb people.  The grocery store I go to is 2.5 miles away on streets with heavy traffic.  From my front door locking to the time I was back with groceries in hand at the same door was 22 minutes.  If I'm not at work and getting paid, then my personal time is money spent.

Wading through isles of people on the phone, bitching about masks or no masks, is stuff in stock, waiting in line or paying the same price for self check out when I am doing all the work, no thanks.  I would say the best thing to come from this pandemic BS is the delivery and pick up options have caught up to the times with the speed and efficiency to make them worth using whereas that wasn't the case prior for most of the options available at that time.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 6:01:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Ponderosa Market in Pine, AZ.  The whole time.  You would walk in and the cashier would say "you dont have to wear a mask here if you dont want to."

Was in winco about an hour ago, some people with no masks.. no one said a thing.

Link Posted: 4/9/2021 10:08:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Unless you have to or actually enjoy the grocery store, use the pick up option.  No waiting in lines, provided they even have enough cashiers, no waiting on someone to bag your groceries or do it yourself and no wandering through isles with dumb people.  The grocery store I go to is 2.5 miles away on streets with heavy traffic.  From my front door locking to the time I was back with groceries in hand at the same door was 22 minutes.  If I'm not at work and getting paid, then my personal time is money spent.

Wading through isles of people on the phone, bitching about masks or no masks, is stuff in stock, waiting in line or paying the same price for self check out when I am doing all the work, no thanks.  I would say the best thing to come from this pandemic BS is the delivery and pick up options have caught up to the times with the speed and efficiency to make them worth using whereas that wasn't the case prior for most of the options available at that time.
View Quote

I tried this and it was exhausting digging through all the options...I gave up 1/2 way through after realizing I could have just driven the 2 miles to the store and picked what I wanted off the shelf faster than navigating the website (Tried the Walmart version) or getting a different brand green beans if the ones I picked weren't in stock.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 10:07:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Unless you have to or actually enjoy the grocery store, use the pick up option.
View Quote
Sure, I trust a dope smoking teenager to pick out my ribeye steaks.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 3:40:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I tried this and it was exhausting digging through all the options...I gave up 1/2 way through after realizing I could have just driven the 2 miles to the store and picked what I wanted off the shelf faster than navigating the website (Tried the Walmart version) or getting a different brand green beans if the ones I picked weren't in stock.
View Quote

Yeah my wife does pickup and it seems less convenient for us. Too many substitutions, stuff missing, delayed pickups. I can’t get my wife to stop using it though unless I do all the shopping instead.

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 5:35:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Well that's half the problem, using Walmart for anything.  Fry's has been smooth, you can turn off substitutions or specify them by item it's your preference.  I've had zero issues.  Add to my cart what I need or want throughout the week, the night before my first day off I pick a time I want and click submit.  

Quoted:

Yeah my wife does pickup and it seems less convenient for us. Too many substitutions, stuff missing, delayed pickups. I can’t get my wife to stop using it though unless I do all the shopping instead.

I have yet have an order messed up, but I get mistakes will happen.  Only time I got surprised with out of stock was a crap shoot trying to buy TP last year in May just for shits and giggles.  If stuff is out, you get an email asking if you want to substitute before your pick up time, so again no surprises.  Plus you're not charged until it's picked up.  I've never heard issue with delayed pickup from anyone I know, with Fry's anyway.  You select your pickup window time (1 hr block) and unless there's 3-4 cars at the same time, I've have never had to wait more than 10 minutes once I pulled up before someone came out with my stuff.

Quoted:

Sure, I trust a dope smoking teenager to pick out my ribeye steaks.

Why not, you realize he probably buys it from the coke addict "butcher" cutting your meat in the back right?  Give me a break, you ain't buying fucking Kobe steak at any of the stores we are talking about in this thread so you ain't saving shit but ego. If you were you'd be bragging about your personal shopper you spend $60K a year on to run all your errands for you while your secretary takes all your power meeting calls and you light cigars with hundreds that have wrinkles because the creases irritate you.  

Link Posted: 4/18/2021 3:27:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Basha's signs now say "masks recommended"

Fry's and Wallyworld are anti-gun asshats, F those guys.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 4:31:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Basha's signs now say "masks recommended"

Fry's and Wallyworld are anti-gun asshats, F those guys.
View Quote

they might be that but atleast they dont enforce the face diaper, no masks required in either of those stores.

this may help some of you out....

https://www.themaskmap.com/
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 12:57:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Local frys in peoria 75/cactus took mouth muzzle signs down the other day.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 8:14:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Fry's, Walmart and Target recommend it but none enforce it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 10:39:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm sick to death with these f*cking masks.  Any grocery stores in the north valley that don't require a muzzle?
View Quote
i shop frys and safeway and haven't worn a mask since this thing started. if they ask if i would like a mask i reply "don't care for them" and go about my business. the only places i have worn a mask is to the drs and post office, that's it.
it's up to you to take a stance!
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 10:50:16 PM EDT
[#19]
I am not an anti masker, maybe they work, maybe they dont. I have not worn a mask since all this started. No one has said anything to me in any store.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top