Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2021 7:03:23 PM EDT
I live in Peoria and am thinking about having a patio type roof built over my front porch .
It will be 12x12 ish extending from the roof slope .

Is there anybody here thats does this sort of thing
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 12:51:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Find someone that knows what they are doing, most of the extensions I see wouldn't pass code.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 4:50:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I live in Peoria and am thinking about having a patio type roof built over my front porch .
It will be 12x12 ish extending from the roof slope .

Is there anybody here thats does this sort of thing
View Quote

At today's pricing, just get a RV powered awning and bolt it to the house until people start foreclosing again and materials are reasonable.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 1:32:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

At today's pricing, just get a RV powered awning and bolt it to the house until people start foreclosing again and materials are reasonable.
View Quote

lol, no kidding.  I think 2x4x8 are now $6, that is what I see online at HD.  Maybe that is one step up from cheapest, but even that was $3.29 a year ago.

Stacked 7 layers high between the wheel wells of a full size pickup.  It would cost about $550 (pretax), for 10.5" stack of wood.  Imagine telling someone 20 years ago that a 10.5" stack of 2x4s in the back of a pickup would cost the same as a giant TV at Costco.  They would think you were nuts.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top