Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2021 9:11:08 PM EDT
Hey all, last couple years have been an absolute whirlwind but life is getting back to its normal paces here and I’m jonesing to get back into shooting at distance. Super excited to get out shooting more!!

I used to shoot in central PA at a 1000y range where you could do what you want, no RO’s, no stupid people, no 30 minutes of down time for every 15 mins of shooting with chamber checks etc.

I was in South Carolina recently and there was a beautiful 600y range with steel at 2,3,4,5 and 6. Same situation there. There’s an RO but he’s just there to chat with folks and have fun. Absolute pleasure of a range to shoot at.

Anyway, sorry for the ramble, but I’ve done Ben Avery and Rio Salado but those places are just way too rule heavy (which I understand with all the new shooters out there). Way too much downtime, getting hit with brass and rules.

Anyone know much about cowtown? On it’s face it sounds appealing. I’m cool with the membership fee and the reservation system. I’d love to shoot with the nods and beamer at night, but also supposedly they have 1000y spot?

If you’re a lifelong experienced shooter that is exhausted over typical public ranges, you know exactly what I’m looking for. I’m super excited to get back into the hobby I’ve adored for a lifetime more regularly!!

Thanks all!!
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 10:06:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I've shot at cow town a few times, even going tomorrow.
The rifle range has steel targets from 200-1K peppered throughout the canyon. It's awesome and worth the money.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 11:20:27 PM EDT
[#2]
That is relieving to hear!! Are they semi private bays? Aka not getting peppered with brass?
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 5:47:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Does Cowtown allow .50 BMG?
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 8:04:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does Cowtown allow .50 BMG?
View Quote
No they don't.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 9:36:53 AM EDT
[#5]
That was a great question, thanks for thinking of that!  Their website mentions coming in to check out the facility. The website isn’t very informative so I’ll try and hoof it over there this week for some more info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top