Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2021 8:59:09 PM EDT
Summer is just on the horizon.  I was sitting on the couch when a bead of sweat rolled down my temple.   Got up and the thermostat was showing 83.

Had to turn the AC on.

Link Posted: 3/21/2021 11:45:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Open up those windows, having to do that every night.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 3:14:22 PM EDT
[#2]
We let it get to 80 and didn't turn it on.

Cold beverages helped.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 7:59:05 PM EDT
[#3]
luckily the past couple of weeks we have barely had the heat come on maybe an hr at most.And house during day has only reached 78 at most.I know its insulated pretty good.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 9:36:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Two words; ceiling fan. We have a 72" ceiling fan in the living room and even when the thermostat is showing 78 that sucker moves enough air that it feels cool enough to be comfortable.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 11:49:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I been turning it on too, but also been remodeling a room and wanted it a few degrees cooler than it was going to sit at.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 1:14:14 AM EDT
[#6]
its snowing here in Heber.......fireplace is red hot....Brrrrrr      
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 7:13:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine comes on at 76 . I told my wife if we are going to Phoinex I will keep it cool AND I wanted a pool
So here I am livin the the life .
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 7:34:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Had the windows open all day. Enough of the cold already. This lizard person is quite happy as of late.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 1:47:54 AM EDT
[#9]
I turned on the ceiling fans.  The heat is turned off. 77 inside right now.

Smashed two scorpions in three days.

I need to spray.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 10:54:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Don't wait too long to test run it.  Mine has a temp delta of 9 degrees and couldn't keep the house below 80 yesterday.  Something broke.  It is only 5 years old and after this repair, there won't be many original parts left.

eta:  5 lbs low on Freon in a 5 year old system.  Dammit.  Die/seal stick and wait.......most of the time it fixes it, they say. After adding 5.5 lbs, vent temp dropped to 41 F while the room was 80F and falling.  It quickly got down to 74 degrees.  93 outside.

15 year warranty on parts, but I gotta eat the labor.

4 scorpions torched on my back retaining wall so far.  I am going to put enough DE down to make it look like a Scarface set.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top