Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2021 8:28:15 PM EDT
I am taking the family on our Spring Break in Tucson next week and I am looking for some legit gun stores. I'm always on the lookout for a great deal on a nice firearm that may grab my attention. Also looking for any that may sell Randall Knives.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 12:21:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Selection is a little rough these days

My new favorite spot is The Hub, but there are plenty of others depending on the type of gun you're hunting for.  Murphy's and Frontier for older stuff.  Diamondback and 2nd Amendment are fairly standard gun stores.  We have plenty of other smaller spots depending on your side of town.

Randall knives are outside of my wheelhouse
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 12:23:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My new favorite spot is The Hub, but there are plenty of others depending on the type of gun you're hunting for.  Murphy's and Frontier for older stuff.  Diamondback and 2nd Amendment are fairly standard gun stores.  We have plenty of other smaller spots depending on your side of town.

View Quote
Thank you for the info.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 12:18:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you need salsa?  
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 12:21:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Do you need salsa?  
View Quote
Always on the lookout for great salsa. If you have any restaurant recommendations, Mexican and BBQ are our faves.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:15:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I love Poco and Moms on Tanque Verde. My favorite dish is a Green Chili enchilada with red chili pork with a sunny side up egg. I’ve had it 30 times and it’s always excellent.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 11:07:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
2nd Amendment was bought out by Turner's Outdoorsman.

SNG Tactical is very close to The Hub, may as well hit them both.

Hit up any of the Serial Grillers restaurants.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 4:12:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good catch on SNG, that's a good spot.

While you're that way Liberty Pawn on 4th south of 22nd occasionally has interesting stuff and El Torrero behind it is a classic old school Mexican Restaurant.  Lee Marvin used to hang out there and I don't think they've cleaned the windows since.  The tamales are pulled from a recently displaced restaurant and are amazing and the cheese enchilada plate is simple, but a classic. I love it, but this recommendation is not for the faint of heart or those with delicate sensibilities.  You know the cliche Italian Resturant in Little Italy in mob movies? I consider El Torrero the Tucson equivalence.

El Charro down town is the classic tourist recommendation.  Carne Seca in any form and a cheese crisp along with a supply of margaritas should be your order.

Holy Smokin' Butts is right near Diamond Back Police Supply and near Brushfire.  Both good BBQ spots.  I give the edge for meat to Holy Smokin' Butts, but the ice cream at Brushfire is bonkers, my kid loves Cookie Monster.  Ken's Hardwood BBQ might be the best BBQ place in town though for meat.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 3:34:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Some great advice here.  I bought a Sig P365 at Diamondback last week then before I drove home to S Vista I stopped at the Cash Box and bought a P365XL  I have a Romeo Optic on the way for the XL.  I'l give the other one to one of my sons.
Frankly, I always stop at the Cash Box, hell they sold me my first .22 in the late 50's  
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 10:52:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Yep, Cash Box used to have an impressive selection of used or pawned lever guns in their racks in the center of the gun portion of the store.  I bought my first reloading supplies there.  Selection has been disappointing lately at this store, but you only need to find that one thing...........

We have had take out work lunches from Holy Smokin' butts a few times now and they are top notch.

St Charles Tavern is a very cool dive bar and is almost walking distance from El Torero.  Lock your shit in that hood.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 12:47:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Wow guys, thanks for all the great recommendations. Please keep em coming.
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 2:21:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Some great advice here.  I bought a Sig P365 at Diamondback last week then before I drove home to S Vista I stopped at the Cash Box and bought a P365XL  I have a Romeo Optic on the way for the XL.  I'l give the other one to one of my sons.
Frankly, I always stop at the Cash Box, hell they sold me my first .22 in the late 50's  
View Quote

Cash Box is funny

I always go and feel like I'm gonna score some treasure, but I almost never have.  I'm fact, I think I've sold them more guns then I've bought from them.

I think I hope for the pawn shop *these guys don't know what they have* plus "how much if I pay cash?" discount, but they know too much about guns.

When I saw Javier over at the USA Pawn on Speedway I knew my jig was up and my honey hole was no more.  He's a great guy and I like talking to him and buying guns from him - but he knows what he's doing.   "I'll give you half" and he just laughs at me

That plus the Marina Shop turned Gun Store in Catalina shutting down a few years back and I feel like I need to leave the state.  Like a Buffalo hunter following the herd

Link Posted: 3/19/2021 2:44:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

When I saw Javier over at the USA Pawn on Speedway I knew my jig was up and my honey hole was no more.  He's a great guy and I like talking to him and buying guns from him - but he knows what he's doing.   "I'll give you half" and he just laughs at me

View Quote

I do pretty well there as well as the rest of the chain...but as we all know it's a dry spell everywhere.
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 2:47:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Blade Runner knives might have a Randall or two,  ya never know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top