Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2021 1:16:19 PM EDT

Link Posted: 2/13/2021 1:23:09 PM EDT
[#1]
That's awesome!! I been wanting to see one in the wild here but have not yet.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 1:43:33 PM EDT
[#2]
It is super cool. This one has been hanging around the house for the last several weeks. This time I was able to ninja up on him and get a few pics.

Now if only I could ninja up on the woodpecker and get a few shots...with my bb gun lol
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 2:04:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Very cool. I see a few in the desert during the Archery and HAM pig hunts every year.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 4:17:51 PM EDT
[#4]
The female is also hanging around but she is camera shy.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 5:14:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The female is also hanging around but she is camera shy.
View Quote

Just tell her it's for Instagram or Tik Tok, works for most other females.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 5:17:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a couple hanging around my deer camp in December.  They kept trying to fight their reflections on my truck windows.  They also shit all over my camping gear.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 9:57:55 PM EDT
[#7]
While the males are very pretty, they are also one of the dumbest birds in the desert.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 10:20:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Just tell her it's for Instagram or Tik Tok, works for most other females.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/14/2021 12:40:27 AM EDT
[#9]
They must be making a comeback...You are the 5th person this month to tell be they saw a cardinal recently.  I'm an AZ Native, and I can't remember ever seeing one IRL...I'll have to keep an eye out.  My neighborhood (NE Mesa, Las Sendas) is besieged by wild parrots...those fuckers borrow into stucco of you don't watch them.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 8:54:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Had two females outside my office window yesterday.  Cat saw them scratching in the dirt and was overwhelmed with the desire to make friends with them.  

Sadly the birds stayed outside and the cats never leave the house so no mutually beneficial meeting occurred.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 12:43:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They must be making a comeback...You are the 5th person this month to tell be they saw a cardinal recently.  I'm an AZ Native, and I can't remember ever seeing one IRL...I'll have to keep an eye out.  My neighborhood (NE Mesa, Las Sendas) is besieged by wild parrots...those fuckers borrow into stucco of you don't watch them.
View Quote

Cardinals have been in the desert for years, but do agree you don't see them often in the city.

The wild parrots you talk about are not really parrots, but love birds that came from people releasing them because they make noisy and lousy pets.
And you do need to watch that they don't make a nest on your property, because once they like a place, they are hard to get rid of.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 8:06:35 AM EDT
[#12]
When I lived in Gold Canyon, I saw them literally all the time in the trees at my house.  

Was out at Boyce Thompson Arboretum last weekend, and saw a male and female.
The wife got video of the male singing.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 5:30:33 PM EDT
[#13]
There are a couple yellow males that visit the house once in awhile. Reds aren't terribly uncommon.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 11:04:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

We had a pair of those phuck birds here at our place.  The wife finally caught them and the feline furbaby got a great lunch.  People need to quit turning shit loose.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 11:35:44 AM EDT
[#15]
In all the years I lived in the valley, only seen a few, with all of them in flight. Never had a chance to get a pic. Very cool, OP!

Link Posted: 2/16/2021 1:37:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
In all the years I lived in the valley, only seen a few, with all of them in flight. Never had a chance to get a pic. Very cool, OP!

View Quote

My ninja skills were definitely maxed out getting those pics lol

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top