User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 12:56:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I too would like to see what you have.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 8:28:43 AM EDT
[#2]
You'll get the most money selling on Gun Broker. Do a advanced search and see what your items actually have been selling for. It can be a pain but it pays off.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 7:27:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 10:32:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I am interested in sigs and picking up a hunting rifle. Thx!
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 4:29:26 PM EDT
[#5]
@GONIF

If you're IMing a list of what's available, please send it way.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 9:33:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Just a heads up to those interested in seeing what he has for sale.

I asked for a list and a general location to see if there was anything I was interested in and within a reasonable driving distance.

I got a reply of "LIST WOULD EXTENSIVE , CALL ME" and a phone number.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 11:10:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I asked for a list and a general location to see if there was anything I was interested in and within a reasonable driving distance.

View Quote

Sounds like he doesn’t want to sell to us. A list would be the easiest instead of a bunch of what do you have phone calls
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 5:47:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
I listed a small stack of guns last year.  The flak, chaff, and pure bullshit that ensued is probably why OP is being pretty tentative.  I haven't risen to the level of no fucks given that OP probably has, but I am quickly rising to a special level with each birthday.  

It is easier to dump a complete collection in one shot with one lump sum, but to do it that way, you will never get top dollar.

A neighbor on the down-low helped liquidate a massive gun collection/estate for a widow of a man who planned to retire and tour gun shows.  Neighbor got her a pretty good stack of cash and the prices were reasonable, by simply carrying a list with prices around to gun peeps he knew.  It took him 6 months.  An example is the unfired Model 94AE I bought for $350.

Making a list, setting prices, taking photos, etc. can be quite an undertaking.  Not doing it is a form of denial IMHO.  Nobody wants to have the reality check of what this hobby has co$t them.  I was pissed when the insurance company made me make a list of the parts on my totaled '56 Ford pickup.  I did not want to see on paper what it cost me and what I had just lost.

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 2:00:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Sold about half on Gunbroker and got real buyers willing to pay what they were worth . Going to go slow and maximize my money to sell the rest .Everyone locally wanted fire sale prices .
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 2:54:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sold about half on Gunbroker and got real buyers willing to pay what they were worth . Going to go slow and maximize my money to sell the rest .Everyone locally wanted fire sale prices .
View Quote

Thats your best option and was suggested as such I'm sure.

Online money is typically gonna be the best but there is always risk.  And yes,  no ones wants to pay online auction prices locally.  

Glad you got it sorted and didn't get 'screwed' by a shop.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 3:43:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or you replied to messages with a price yourself and then went radio silent once interest was shown...
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 5:23:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good on you for focusing on those that will actually pay for what they're worth. As you could tell from both myself and Wyatt AZS.org would have tripped over themselves trying to get you to sell at fire-sale prices. I have personally seen them deliberately making ads that they know that they can buy new but want to to see if they can buy either BNIB or used to screw the original purchaser for the lowest that they can screw you out of. It's disgusting actually.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 12:45:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Or you replied to messages with a price yourself and then went radio silent once interest was shown...
View Quote
Yours would be a typical response I would expect from AZ Shooting.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 1:48:24 PM EDT
[#14]
@GONIF

If you want to sell all the ammo at good prices I sold all mine to the guy who owns the Queen Creek Big Tin Cotton Gin.  He also has an ammo business so will buy in bulk.  I think I sold him nearly all my bulk at ammo at $.80 cents a round.  It was nice not having to piece meal it out to local buyers.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 2:43:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Looked up their  number. Got a name?

Can’t believe it yet but a buddy just dropped dead on Saturday night while reading in bed. Just 57 and in “perfect” health. Going up today and start sorting thru stuff and see what the family wants to do with his gun stuff.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 4:17:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Sorry for you loss. Dang.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top