Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2021 4:08:02 PM EDT
Popping down to AZ to help a friend move from Prescott to Scottsdale, any good gun shops that are worth a visit/patronage?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:25:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Bear Arms in Scottsdale.

Dillon Precision is worth a visit.

Go to Scottsdale Gun club.  They are a gun store and there is always a gun store right next door to them, that seems to have a different name each time I go.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:42:06 PM EDT
[#2]
While pickings are slim all over the country in regards to inventory, I still stop in my local shops frequently.
The Prescott region is a gold mine of nice brick and mortar gun shops.
Off the top of my head between Prescott/Prescott valley/ chino valley there are at least 15.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:13:51 AM EDT
[#3]
+1 on Prescott - I haven't kept current on who's who, but J&G, High Country and Bucky O'Neil's were usually worthwhile.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 3:30:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bear Arms in Scottsdale.

Go to Scottsdale Gun club.  They are a gun store and there is always a gun store right next door to them, that seems to have a different name each time I go.
View Quote
Bear Arms is a great shop.

Coming from an SGC member.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:03:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
+1 on Prescott - I haven't kept current on who's who, but J&G, High Country and Bucky O'Neil's were usually worthwhile.
View Quote

They all took hits by the locals, especially cunty Californians and you folks from the other parts of this state. By now just a waste of gas to find out for yourself really.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:50:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
+1 on Prescott
View Quote

More gun stores than Starbucks.  But yes, inventory is drying up.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:28:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Depends too what you are interested in
While J&G has started to go “cheaper than dirt “ crazy with a scalpers price on ammo ( not that they have any inventory at this point) if you enjoy old classic wood and steel they have tons of old surplus stuff
My favorite bills trading post, has limited gun selection and no primers ,but seems to have a consistent supply of ammo at non scalping price ( for instance .22 ammo at 3/50 with a purchase limit of 4 boxes)
Bucky’s Also usually has some cool old stuff.
Desert eagle guns Prescott valley has a pretty good gun inventory and are nice people too.
Prescott valley guns has always been a bit high on ammo prices, but I have gotten some accessories ( magazines and such) from them cheaper than buying on line.
Haven’t been in a while but Mazy’s In chino valley was well stocked as was tombstone tactical
Despite the current environment supply and politics wise I have actually seen signs and advertising for two new gunshops I haven’t set foot in yet but will check out eventually
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:44:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bear Arms in Scottsdale.

Same.

The place next to SGC is Northwest Armory, but I've never actually seen them open. (I'm told it's in the afternoon, but my gun shopping/SGC Range time is lunchtime)
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:23:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Depends too what you are interested in
While J&G has started to go “cheaper than dirt “ crazy with a scalpers price on ammo ( not that they have any inventory at this point) if you enjoy old classic wood and steel they have tons of old surplus stuff
My favorite bills trading post, has limited gun selection and no primers ,but seems to have a consistent supply of ammo at non scalping price ( for instance .22 ammo at 3/50 with a purchase limit of 4 boxes)
Bucky’s Also usually has some cool old stuff.
Desert eagle guns Prescott valley has a pretty good gun inventory and are nice people too.
Prescott valley guns has always been a bit high on ammo prices, but I have gotten some accessories ( magazines and such) from them cheaper than buying on line.
Haven’t been in a while but Mazy’s In chino valley was well stocked as was tombstone tactical
Despite the current environment supply and politics wise I have actually seen signs and advertising for two new gunshops I haven’t set foot in yet but will check out eventually
View Quote

No primers, no 9, no 40, no 38, no 357, no 45, no 308, almost out of powder, only projectiles to be found are in the oddball hunting calibers. That's probably what the OP is all seeking, may as well tell him the truth.

And at Bill's is the oddball stuff that's available anything service issue is only being sold with the purchase of a gun there in that guns caliber.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:50:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
While pickings are slim all over the country in regards to inventory, I still stop in my local shops frequently.
The Prescott region is a gold mine of nice brick and mortar gun shops.
Off the top of my head between Prescott/Prescott valley/ chino valley there are at least 15.
View Quote

no doubt about it

Im amazed every time I'm there at the volume of gun stores
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:45:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Was at J&G on Tuesday and they has somewhat of a selection, lots of Nambu pistols for some reason.
Did pick up a p365 with night sights, paid bit over 800 out the door but what are you going to do.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:55:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Digging the crates out of the back of the warehouse?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:53:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Was at J&G on Tuesday and they has somewhat of a selection, lots of Nambu pistols for some reason.
Did pick up a p365 with night sights, paid bit over 800 out the door but what are you going to do.
View Quote

$565 two miles away at Bill's.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:16:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

$565 two miles away at Bill's.
View Quote

Hey, I'm looking for a  S&W M&P EZ 380 with safety - seen one of them up there?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:12:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Hey, I'm looking for a  S&W M&P EZ 380 with safety - seen one of them up there?
View Quote

Maybe try Rim Country in Payson.  They're pushing the damn EZ's like they're the worlds answer to self defense pistols.  

I asked to see/buy a Kimber Micro, and the kid tried to sell me an EZ.  Didn't buy either in the end...

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:48:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Just don't cuss at Bill's.   He'll kick you out.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:44:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Rim Country in Payson.
View Quote

Good tip. They had it and a little Ammo.

ETA: 60¢ a round. Yikes! But they had it.

Note to self: Remember the "buy it cheap" part? Yeah, let's get on that.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:27:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Just don't cuss at Bill's.   He'll kick you out.
View Quote

Really? Fuck, maybe i shouldnt go there...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top