Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2021 10:48:01 AM EDT
From AZ citizens defense

The 2021 Arizona Legislative session officially convened on Monday, January 11.  By the end of the first week over 500 bills have been filed.  The final deadline for filing new bills for the Senate is Monday, February 1.  For the House the deadline is Monday, February 8.

AzCDL researches all proposed legislation for language that may impact our right to keep and bear arms.  Relevant bills, and their status, will appear on our Bill Tracking page.  It’s updated daily during the session.  We encourage you to visit the page often.  In addition to providing links and basic information on legislation, we add our position along with summaries.

By this time last session, the Democrats had already introduced over a dozen bills to restrict our right to keep and bear arms.  By the 2020 filing deadline over two dozen anti-rights firearms bills were filed that together fell slightly short of demanding door-to-door firearm confiscations.  The good news was that, with your help, all these bills were defeated.

In the first week of the current session, Representative Randall Friese filed a proposed ballot measure, HCR 2012, that would outlaw the private transfer of firearms unless conducted through an FFL with background checks conducted on both the transferor and transferee. Transfer is broadly defined and could include simply handing your firearm to a family member or friend.  The penalty for not complying would be a Class 5 felony.  We’re expecting many more bills like this to be filed in the coming weeks.  With your help, we can once again defeat these attacks on our fundamental rights.

On the plus side, Representative and Majority Whip Leo Biasiucci filed HB 2111 which proposes that any act, law, treaty, rule or regulation of the U.S. Government that violates the Second Amendment would be unenforceable in Arizona.

Following the deadline for filing new legislation, all bills must be heard by committees in their originating chambers (House or Senate) by February 19.  As key bills we are monitoring are scheduled for committee hearings, we will call upon you to contact committee members using the Legislature’s Request to Speak (RTS) system.  If you have an existing RTS account, please log in to make sure your account is still active. If you are a current AzCDL member and do not have an existing RTS account, please reply to this message with your name and email address and we’ll assist you in setting up an RTS account
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:25:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Just joined AZCDL.  Thanks for the post.  Two free t-shirts and a lapel pin.  

Signed up for email alerts too.  I have been taking AZ things too much for granted.  Things might get ugly very quickly.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:15:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just joined AZCDL.  Thanks for the post.  Two free t-shirts and a lapel pin.  

Signed up for email alerts too.  I have been taking AZ things too much for granted.  Things might get ugly very quickly.
View Quote

With the insane number of transplants moving here it will.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:39:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I also joined the Second Amendment Foundation today.   As it turns out, my Amazon Smile account has been giving them more per year than a life membership costs.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 5:16:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Interesting...after seeing this post, i just realized i havent seen an azcdl email pop up in a loooooong time.. i wonder if they are showing up in one of the folders that dont notify me or something? I used to get notifications all the time...
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:50:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I also joined the Second Amendment Foundation today.   As it turns out, my Amazon Smile account has been giving them more per year than a life membership costs.
View Quote

My situation was the inverse: I just donated to SAF [after a long hiatus], and my Amazon Smile was directed to AZCDL.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:24:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Make sure to sign up for Legislature's Request to Speak (RTS) system.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:30:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just joined AZCDL.
View Quote

Good.  Thank you.

They do not do a very good job of communicating their existence.  I found out about them from a bulk email from my D rep saying the most contacts she'd gotten was from AZCDL.  That led me to look them up and join.  I emailed her and thanked her :-D
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:32:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Interesting...after seeing this post, i just realized i havent seen an azcdl email pop up in a loooooong time.. i wonder if they are showing up in one of the folders that dont notify me or something? I used to get notifications all the time...
View Quote

Re-sign up.  https://azcdl.org/subscribe-to-alerts/

At some point, I stopped getting alerts, too.  They said my email was still in the system, so not sure?  I signed up with another, and at some point started getting them to the old one again.  Wouldn't put it past "Big Tech"  to "deprioritize" pro-rights mail.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:32:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Make sure to sign up for Legislature's Request to Speak (RTS) system.
View Quote

https://azcdl.org/rts/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top