Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:36:34 PM EDT
[#1]
No kidding.  I just hate posts that end at a paywall.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:45:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No kidding.  I just hate posts that end at a paywall.
View Quote

Me too , it wasn't like that when I first read it and posted it . I hate this shit too.
Here ya go, fixed now  . https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona-health/2021/01/15/arizona-coronavirus-jan-15-update-9-146-new-cases-185-new-known-deaths/4173742001/
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:22:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you for the update - don't know what's happening but we both started showing symptoms on 12/30 so something's definitely up.  This sucks.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:23:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I wonder how many cases are coming up from Mexico.  My inlaws live on the other side and have told my wife lots of people are sick down there.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:51:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Like any on there communicable disease, there is more to the story. The densely populated areas of Tucson and Phoenix are pretty badly affected, but the less populated regions much less so. The stat I look at ( on my hospitals web page and I think it is gleaned from the Yavapai county health department ) shows number of cases per 100 thousand population. These numbers show very high rates for the cities and much less in the country
Example per 100k:
Maricopa 7,928
Pima 6,474
My county Yavapai is much lower at 5,241

Bottom line cities are Petri dishes

While one are may seem overwhelmed other areas have empty hospitals!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:01:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Like any on there communicable disease, there is more to the story. The densely populated areas of Tucson and Phoenix are pretty badly affected, but the less populated regions much less so. The stat I look at ( on my hospitals web page and I think it is gleaned from the Yavapai county health department ) shows number of cases per 100 thousand population. These numbers show very high rates for the cities and much less in the country
Example per 100k:
Maricopa 7,928
Pima 6,474
My county Yavapai is much lower at 5,241

Bottom line cities are Petri dishes

While one are may seem overwhelmed other areas have empty hospitals!
View Quote

Can you see for Yuma?  My wife is in healthcare (advanced degree type, don't want to give up Persec though) and she said Yuma is getting hit hard or at least was.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:12:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I wonder how many cases are coming up from Mexico.  My inlaws live on the other side and have told my wife lots of people are sick down there.
View Quote

A lot.  That is why early on in Cochise County and Santa Cruz county there were huge spikes in the two border towns.  Plus, at first, Mexico was not/could not do anything about it.  Mexico has way under reported the number of cases.

A couple of border patrol agents told me they were seeing a lot of cases of covid symptoms with illegals.  A lot of agents got sick.  Luckily, most recovered very well.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:26:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Take into account all the snowbirds who still made their annual journeys, influx of people moving from previous hot zones like NYC and Los Angeles counties.  This combined with close proximity of a big city as mentioned above, cold/flu season and grossly misrepresented numbers.  It took them what, six months last year to clear out the mess of 150K dead from COVID all but less than 10K had preexisting issues.  Given our media and health care system they are likely counting the two gorillas and any other animal as part of their numbers.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2021/01/captive-gorillas-test-positive-coronavirus

How many positives are counted for single athletes at college and professional levels who take multiple tests a week?  Or the same person going to different testing facilities as a way of a 2nd opinion.  What is the error correction for false positives and how are those addressed in the statistics?  While there is no doubt a severe issue, the fear machine makes the monster scarier and keeps clicks going, the idea of a vaccine being mandatory to live "free"and striping your rights at the same time more palatable.  Just look at what's being pushed in the UK if you think otherwise.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:59:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Can you see for Yuma?  My wife is in healthcare (advanced degree type, don't want to give up Persec though) and she said Yuma is getting hit hard or at least was.
View Quote

Data shows Yuma as highest per 100k area in entire state even beating out the Indian reservations which 6 months ago were the hot spot
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:08:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Data shows Yuma as highest per 100k area in entire state even beating out the Indian reservations which 6 months ago were the hot spot
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lots of Snowbirds and produce season
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:57:22 AM EDT
[#11]
My completely unscientific observation, almost all of my current patients are of Mexican decent. Almost all are obese and/or diabetic. Not many are surviving. I'm not seeing as many elderly as before but it seems most of them have already been hit.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:39:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Lots of Snowbirds and produce season
View Quote

Plus sick Mexicans crossing the border for medical care.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top