Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2021 12:01:33 PM EDT
Im doing some research and will try to update this thread with useful/interesting finds (mostly videos) regarding these subjects.

If you find stuff as well, please share.

One problem is misinformation/lack of knowledge. I dont know if the people in the videos know what they are talking about and im not smart enough to prove/disprove what they are saying. Im just putting this information out as i find it and have no affiliation with any of it. Please use at your own risk and know youre responsible for verifying the info yourself.

Fucking disclaimers, im not that old, but i remember a time when this shit was common sense and didnt have to be spelled out...
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:06:38 PM EDT
[#1]
A list of apps and software for different uses and how they stack up security wise.

F-droid is supposed to be an alternative to the google play store with open source apps that possibly dont spy on you? Maybe not the greatest definition...

A video on computer browsers. This guy has a BUNCH of videos on online privacy if you want to go down that rabbit hole. He seems to know what hes talking about.
Top 5 BEST Browsers For Privacy
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:12:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is a long video on the comparison of 2 "secure" phone OS's. There are shorter videos on each one separately. Unfortunately for these OS's, you need a pixel phone, i dont have a pixel and cant afford to just buy a phone to try this out, so i'll just have to hope the end to end encryption of the apps weve been downloading are good enough for now!

If someone has a pixel and wants to experiment...

GrapheneOS vs CalyxOS ULTIMATE COMPARISON (Battery & Speed Ft. Stock Android & iPhone)
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:20:13 PM EDT
[#3]
How deep down the rabbit hole do you want to go?

https://inteltechniques.com/podcast.html
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:17:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How deep down the rabbit hole do you want to go?

https://inteltechniques.com/podcast.html
View Quote

Well apparently all the way!

I got shit sleep last night though, so im tired as hell. Im trying to listen to that, but fuck its making me fall asleep!
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 6:00:21 PM EDT
[#5]
They are all quite good but the podcast started a few year ago so some may be dated. If there individual subjects you're interested in start there. Otherwise the crash course starting at 174 might be a good place to start.

And I can't take credit someone else posted the podcasts and I've been listening to them since.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top