Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2021 2:17:02 PM EDT
Hey all, does anyone have any leads or ideas on where to find a townhouse apartment condo or house for rent? I’m kind of in an odd situation where I don’t care about the size of the living space but need at least a private single car garage for a vehicle.

I’m having a hell of a time finding places. Prefer sub $1100 in the Tempe chandler ahwatukee area.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:59:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Updated my post with some more info. Hoping y’all have some ideas! Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:02:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Prefer sub $1100 in the Tempe chandler ahwatukee area.
View Quote

You're not going to find what you want, at that price, in that area.  Not going to happen.  You need to move to a little more vibrant area to get a garaged apartment at that price.

I assume you have a bike?   That was always an issue for me before I sold my last one.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:15:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You're not going to find what you want, at that price, in that area.  Not going to happen.  You need to move to a little more vibrant area to get a garaged apartment at that price.

I assume you have a bike?   That was always an issue for me before I sold my last one.
View Quote

Get a first floor apartment and store the motorcycle in there? Know a guy that used to do it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:21:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies gents. I know that I’m not going to find that out in the public but there’s always someone willing to rent their empty place out to a good steward for reasonable amounts to take care of their place. This is just one of my many places I’m reaching out to networks. :)

Been here almost 5 years and still and forever will be baffled by the horrifically small lots, homes, ceiling heights, lack of basements and lack of garages. Price you have to pay for sunshine I suppose!
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:04:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Hit up craigslist or faceballs marketplace.  There's always people renting rooms.  The best time of my life I rented a room in a giant house after I got divorced.  It just so happened that the two other guys renting the other rooms were my age and we all ended up being good buddies.  It had a detached two car garage that I was able to work on my project car and whatnot.  

Good times and good luck OP.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:57:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Check out https://www.soleilapts.com/contact_us/

I use to live there and a 1 B/B and garage was less than you listed.  I don't know if they have any available.  Its a nice apartment complex.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:39:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Check out https://www.soleilapts.com/contact_us/

I use to live there and a 1 B/B and garage was less than you listed.  I don't know if they have any available.  Its a nice apartment complex.
View Quote

Those 1/1's are now the low, low price of $1700.  

OP: Good luck.  I've looked for something like that for quite some time and I don't think it's out there anymore, even in the crappy neighborhoods.  Odd's of someone having a spot or knowing of one is always possible but still very slim.  Anyone already in one of those spots isn't moving out, given the current price of housing, unless they absolutely have to.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:29:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

OP: Good luck.  I've looked for something like that for quite some time and I don't think it's out there anymore, even in the crappy neighborhoods.  Odd's of someone having a spot or knowing of one is always possible but still very slim.  Anyone already in one of those spots isn't moving out, given the current price of housing, unless they absolutely have to.
View Quote

If you want to keep an eye on them, the condos behind Frys Electronics in Tempe will come up for rent sometimes. I’m not sure if all units have them but most have single car garages and are studio or 1/1 types. My brother lives there and its...rough but he’s been there a decade and pays like $600 utilities included because he doesn’t care about new carpet or anything and knows the owner. I don’t know market rent there but based on recent sales it could be in line if/when they come up.

4901 S Calle los Cerros Dr
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 3:37:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Damn, when I lived there 5 years ago, they where $850/m with the garage.  

They do have 2 types of apartments there.  Ones that are remodeled for when they tried to go condo conversion that failed to sell enough.  The unconverted where cheaper.  They didn't use tell people they had 2 different types unless you called.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top