Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2020 11:02:20 PM EDT
My wife and I have recieved custody of our two grandchildren , hopefully for only a short time !

Today the House inspector came over , everything was fine EXCEPT when she asked about firearms in the house .
I have locked the door knob to my gun room ans added a hasp and masterlock to the door .

Inside the room is my ammo and my 72 inch Winchester safe with all my guns in it . But still she says ... you need trigger locks on them all !

I have looked it up and and sure enough thats what it says they require . That means I will need to buy alot of trigger locks !

Is there any ways around this ? The judge in this case has been ruling in our favor , in that that two differant cps people came to the house on two
occasions . They lied in the call in court and both said we were uncooperative , and one said I refused to sign there action plan , which I did sign right in front of her . They wanted to take the kids into foster care !

The judge listened to each report in two differant call in courts he " Squashed " them each one in the first court one in the second court , and he told them " You better start followng the law ! " .
Andrews (my daughters boyfriend )lawyer told him " you have a better chance of being struck by lighting than having a judge go against their recomendations "

But he did twice and Squashed was the word he used both times . The house inspector called back and said she'd give 2 and half weeks to comply before she told the cps people .

I feel like I need a lawyer , unfortunately I am a disabled Vet , there is no way I could afford one .

Andrews lawyer said the reason they want the kids is because when Nova was born my daughter had tested positive for something opium based and they should have never let her go home with her , but nobody told us , and now cps is trying to backtrack to cover their ass and take the kids .

Two door locks and a heavy duty safe and still they want trigger locks on every gun !

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

ETA my daughter did have a prescription for the pian killers , but the cps told us "she tested positive for heroin ! " I friggin near had a stroke right then and there . On the first call in court when they said that to the jugde a drug counselor spoke up and said " that may not be true as the general drug test she was taking can only tell if she had opiates NOT for heroin " , but thats wat they told us .

I really feel these people are out to get us .
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 12:32:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry you’re having to deal with that.  DCS (formerly CPS) in this state is a cancer.  They fuck with good parents and cause tons of problems, and refuse to get involved in cases of true abuse and neglect.

The reason it feels they are against you is because they are.  In Prescott earlier this year, all but one investigator was fired for wearing shirts that said “professional kidnapper” in a photo they shared online.  Typically, the investigators are very liberal.  The fact you own guns at all is a strike against you.  

You mentioned the trigger lock thing.  Could you throw some on for an inspection and then take them off when it’s done?  I know myself and probably tons of other people around here probably have tons we don’t use.  A lot of PDs will give them out for free as well.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 7:34:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Just to chime in here just to offer any trigger locks I may have if you can't get any from the PD.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 9:43:52 AM EDT
[#3]
How many trigger locks do you need, and will the cable style lock work.  I may have a line on a bunch of them if you are in the metro-Phx area.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 10:13:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How many trigger locks do you need, and will the cable style lock work.  I may have a line on a bunch of them if you are in the metro-Phx area.
View Quote

If he's not in the valley and you can get a bunch, i'll drive those to him.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 12:20:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Let me know how many trigger locks you need and I will get them for you. I can have them drop shipped from Amazon.  Just send me a PM with your address and how many you need. Its not a big deal at all.  We have to look out for each other.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 12:29:35 PM EDT
[#6]
So I’m in az and I work with DCS a lot in your AO so pm me and I can send over some advocates info that can help. I’m assuming your investigators last name is similar to lolz or their last name is similar to a popular guitar brand? That said when it comes to guns you just need to do it. The state is not nice with guns when foster or placement is involved unless you have a certain judge that’s name starts with a Y. I have some trigger locks I’ll send your way if that can help as I’m surprised they aren’t requiring you to remove them from the home. Yes that is a thing in az. Shoot me a pm and I can talk to you and get some resources going. Just thank you stars you in Prescott where they tend to go against the grain of Maricopa.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 1:23:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I got some cable locks I can throw your way too if needed.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 2:42:37 PM EDT
[#8]
WOW ! I am overwhelmed with graditude,  THANKS GUYS you are the best .

The problem is I probably need 50 or so ..... and with individual locks the keys would be an issue . Way to  many differant locks each with their own key .

Luckily I have found a deal online for 50 locks for for 55 bucks , I know they will be plastic POSs .
They don't use keys exactly it looks like there two holes for a spanner wrench , so that would solve the key issue  .

Theres another deal for trigger locks where you can get 38 or 48 all keyed alike . So I may have to go that route .....

Over night I've become ... rationalzed... to the thought .

The grandkids are 6 months and 3 years old , foster care would probably kill Max the 3 year old at least emotionally .
So if I have to spend money for locks I will , no problem .  

I really have no words to express my thanks to the replies to me in this thread , except to say Thanks Again !
Gary
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 3:59:29 PM EDT
[#9]
LOL with the hodgepodge of keys it would end up looking like this and everyone would ask where you are a custodial engineer at.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 4:50:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Im not rolling in dough, but if you need any help with the locks, i can throw you a few bucks through paypal or zelle.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 11:23:39 PM EDT
[#11]
To the folks sending me locks , thank you much !
I have tried to IM you back , but a pink line comes up and says ...You can not IM while your mail box is full .
I've deleated several pages from my inbox , but the problem is still happening .
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 11:48:20 PM EDT
[#12]
If you need more, I know I have several cable locks as well, they are yours for the asking. Send me your address.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 12:08:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Did I hear someone say you’re in Prescott?  If so I have a half dozen at least I could bring you.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 12:36:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
To the folks sending me locks , thank you much !
I have tried to IM you back , but a pink line comes up and says ...You can not IM while your mail box is full .
I've deleated several pages from my inbox , but the problem is still happening .
View Quote

@rocklock

Once you delete the messages, you have to go into the deleted messages folder, highlight them again and delete the deleted folder. Its confusing and kinda dumb.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 12:57:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks Dread Scott
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 12:59:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Yes someone did say I was in Prescott.  But I am not , I live in Peoria .
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 12:03:49 PM EDT
[#17]
You have my sympathy having to deal with cps.  If you happen to be talking with anyone about the orders, the legal term is ‘quashed’    Most people say ‘squashed’ because it’s a familiar word.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 4:41:57 PM EDT
[#18]
So I have had some problems with my IM and have lost some inbox and sent messages. .... dur

To whoever sent me 12 cable locks Thank You ! No return address was included

I was told they need to be Trigger Locks , and these people don't use common sense .... I will ask them to make sure , but I may need to return
them to you . Please IM me so if the need arises I can return them .

I have decided to acept all offers for Trigger Locks , it may end up as a key nightmare , but only for a short time !
So thanks to all !

If I have not already IMed you please reIM me for my address .
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 8:54:42 PM EDT
[#19]
I’ll check on Monday and see what we have in the armory.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 10:29:14 AM EDT
[#20]
@Rocklock

You should be getting 50 trigger locks (5 sets of 10 keyed alike so you will only need to track 5 keys for all 50) on Wednesday.  Check you PM about the address change the shipper gave me.

I hope everything works out.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 11:07:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So I have had some problems with my IM and have lost some inbox and sent messages. .... dur

To whoever sent me 12 cable locks Thank You ! No return address was included

I was told they need to be Trigger Locks , and these people don't use common sense .... I will ask them to make sure , but I may need to return
them to you . Please IM me so if the need arises I can return them .

I have decided to acept all offers for Trigger Locks , it may end up as a key nightmare , but only for a short time !
So thanks to all !

If I have not already IMed you please reIM me for my address .
View Quote

That was me, no worries man you can just keep them. If you need the advocates info I sent again let me know. Cable locks should do it for you as that was what I’ve seen done on previous cases. They just want a lock on the gun and typically DCS doesn’t know the types of locks.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 2:51:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks Kwisak I sure the locks will be fine .
Thank you,
Gary
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 6:19:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Thank you, Dace !

I'm  overwhelmed by the generosity of this site ! You guys are the best !
Gary
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 11:36:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
LOL with the hodgepodge of keys it would end up looking like this and everyone would ask where you are a custodial engineer at.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/21179/jItpK34-7ZToUO7M8yWYwA_jpg-1714674.JPG
View Quote
Sadly I know what a bunch of the keys are on the right side of that picture are for.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 8:12:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Man I wish I’d seen this post way earlier. My wife worked for CPS now dcs way back. She quit as she could not deal with the bullshit that agency is. Like has been said, they get heavy handed were they shouldn’t and lax were they should be going in full force. That agencies turnover rate is unreal.  Anyone decent let alone good, quits in a short time. My wife now works with the court system and constantly calls them on there bullshit in court and tells me constantly how they lie and do things behind judges orders all the time. We adopted and dealt with them in a personal way and all I can is we despise that agency with a passion. Literally not one good thing can I say about any of them. And no it’s not the process that’s the problem, even though it has faults, it’s the workers treating you like you are the enemy despite you doing right by the kids. As I am sure you did and was suggested, just trigger lock each gun till it’s over. Good luck and hang in there!
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:24:45 PM EDT
[#26]
BeardownAZ , I wish you'd seen it earlier to .

I should update this post . The house snoop came back in on 22 Dec. she looked at my guns all locked up and approved us .

They have removed 4 differant CPS from our case .....? I don't know if that is normal or not ? We haven't met the next one yet .

I had to go back in this thread to remember if I'd told about the two call in courts out comes , their reports were Quashed twice . Plus the Judge told the cps people they'd better start obeying the law !

In each report they said we were uncooperative. .. pure bullshit lies .

Beardown what would make of that ?

We are getting one supervised visit with Chers son Brixton a week for four hours . The family advocate lady does not work for cps , she had her grand kids stolen by them , she says ...I hate them worst than you do !.....

Cher is doing 4 hr classes 3 nights a week . Hopefully this will be over soon .

BTW If ANYONE needs a trigger lock I am THE MAN to see . I have trigger locks galore.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top