Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/27/2018 5:18:15 PM EDT
... seems to be

New is up and running!

arizonashooting.org
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 5:23:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I hope so. I’ve never even been to that site/forum before, but no longer having regular threads around here discussing its recent inactivity, well, that’s gonna be a win for all of us.
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 5:44:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Fuck that Arizonashooting has been around forever and everyone knows each other unlike this dipshit armchair warrior site and that shithole backpage, they need to bring azs back up ASAP
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 6:02:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, seemingly, a lot of people do care about that site - hence all the regular threads around here pertaining to it.

Here’s a novel idea, how about someone whom is actually competent does exactly what has long been needed to be done, and takes over the site? A monkey could handle the admin work of a small forum. Heck, a monkey could likely even develop their own small forum and also run it. There’s been a lot of talk on this subject that should have an incredibly easy fix or alternative. The concerned parties should probably start to look into doing more than just talking about it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 6:42:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Who owns it now?
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 12:22:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 12:26:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Eh... I've sold some stuff in their classified section and never had any issues. I noticed that I was getting security warnings when I logged in on my Mac recently.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 12:48:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Was the best place to sell stuff locally. Bummer.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 12:55:01 AM EDT
[#8]
If someone knows who owns it, IM me. I'd like to see it up again.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 1:05:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Didnt it go down last December too?
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 1:14:39 AM EDT
[#10]
funny with backpage being canned, the classifieds on AZ Shooting were on fire.  I think the volume of classifieds was triple what it had been over the last couple years.  It was a great site, used to log on it to a couple times a day back in the day...
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 11:08:28 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm moving back and the site dies. Joy.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 1:31:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Loved the site...been on it maybe ten years?  Just an easy way to meet a lot of great folks and frankly made it easy to purchase/sell.  Am one that hopes it comes back up...
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 11:52:51 PM EDT
[#13]
It used to be a decent site, somewhat, before the run of the mill bad mouthers ran off the decent folk.  used to be a good site 10 years ago.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 8:35:37 AM EDT
[#14]
IMO it didn't start to go down hill until the current owner purchased it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 8:37:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
IMO it didn't start to go down hill until the current owner purchased it.
View Quote
Didn't Tim Weaver used to own it?

I'm serious that if someone can find the current (non interested owner) I'd buy it and get it back up.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 10:58:01 AM EDT
[#16]
I think TimW was just a moderator.
He gave up that duty few years ago, iirc.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 11:08:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Funny, i was banned for no reason for about a week last month.  I managed to get reinstated just in time for the site to go down.

Are there any other local sites with good classified sections?
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 12:24:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It used to be a decent site, somewhat, before the run of the mill bad mouthers ran off the decent folk.  used to be a good site 10 years ago.
View Quote
I just sold a lower on that site before it went down, and it sold fast.  A couple people that responded thought I dealt with them unfairly.  I responded to each person with my phone number.  Out of 5, only one called, set up a meet, and bought it.  I promptly posted that it was sold and several were butthurt that they didn't get it.  Maybe they didn't get the messages, but I posted the actual RE: responses on the site that I made and they still shit talked me.

Mods and admin didn't respond at all to any of my IM or email.

Unless it is managed better than that, I will not miss them.

The problem is, where do I buy and sell gun stuff FTF now?  Fuck.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 12:24:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Who owns it now?
View Quote
I created the original site and used to own it, but my time and ability to continue developing it were diminished due to changes in my work situation, so I 'sold' it off to someone else who I thought would have the motivation and ability to continue it.  That was about 8 years ago or so.

I am not involved with the management of that site/domain anymore - and I don't know its status, but I will say that I just registered a new domain:  ArizonaShooting.org.  My work environment has changed a bit, so I can dedicate more time to getting it up and going how it used to be many, many years ago when I ran it.  The original intent when I created the site in 2001, was to just have a small, local buy/sell/trade board for locals.  Then, they wanted forums, so I added more - and it grew from there.  I am happy to go down that road again, if the demand is there.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 12:26:21 PM EDT
[#20]
When will arizonashooting.org be up?  URL is dead right now.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 1:32:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I created the original site and used to own it, but my time and ability to continue developing it were diminished due to changes in my work situation, so I 'sold' it off to someone else who I thought would have the motivation and ability to continue it.  That was about 8 years ago or so.

I am not involved with the management of that site/domain anymore - and I don't know its status, but I will say that I just registered a new domain:  ArizonaShooting.org.  My work environment has changed a bit, so I can dedicate more time to getting it up and going how it used to be many, many years ago when I ran it.  The original intent when I created the site in 2001, was to just have a small, local buy/sell/trade board for locals.  Then, they wanted forums, so I added more - and it grew from there.  I am happy to go down that road again, if the demand is there.
View Quote
YES PLEASE!!!!!  
Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 2:44:31 PM EDT
[#22]
[b]Originally Posted By jtb33
 The original intent when I created the site in 2001, was to just have a small, local buy/sell/trade board for locals.  
View Quote
This is the niche that needs to be filled in Az.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 2:48:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Mods and admin didn't respond at all to any of my IM or email.
View Quote
we got exactly what we paid for with regards to site services...
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 3:48:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
The demand is there. I've tried to get locals to join arfcom and they all roll their eyes. They just want classifieds and a few forums to ask questions and not get the typical angry arfcomer approach of don't like what I don't like. They don't care for that or others trying to incite the population into meltdowns.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 5:08:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who owns it now?

put up a gofund me or similar,  you might get a few bucks to help even though most gunnies are cheap fucks
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 5:29:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who owns it now?

Sent you an IM.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 5:42:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Jason, we all miss the good ol' days of AZS when you were running the show, and many of us would be happy to help establish a new model of it, myself included!

Tim, what part of town are you moving back to?
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 5:45:33 PM EDT
[#28]
That sucks.  
AZEX/Derek gone.  
Backpage gone.  
arizonashooting.com gone.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 6:27:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Jason, we all miss the good ol' days of AZS when you were running the show, and many of us would be happy to help establish a new model of it, myself included!

Tim, what part of town are you moving back to?
View Quote
I still have the house North of AJ
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 6:28:06 PM EDT
[#30]
And yet Arizona Dirt Shooters is still around.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 7:08:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
[b]Originally Posted By jtb33
 The original intent when I created the site in 2001, was to just have a small, local buy/sell/trade board for locals.  
Agreed.  Although I still think it was a good call ending the general discussion there.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 10:36:22 PM EDT
[#32]
edited

-AGW
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 10:45:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
edited
-AGW
View Quote
You are from CA and made an Arizona specific gun site?
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 10:45:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Alright, I'll get something going again - just need a week or two to get things running (am on vacation this week!).

I've got the forums mostly ready.

I will also have a free pic hosting app set up that will be independent of the forums for gun-related pics only (but also one tied to the forums).

Also working on an event calendar.

Need to get a decent logo though.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 10:56:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You are from CA and made an Arizona specific gun site?
View Quote
I live in Arizona, just have not been on this site for a while so my location was not updated.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 11:58:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Alright, I'll get something going again - just need a week or two to get things running (am on vacation this week!).
View Quote
I'm glad you are doing this.  I have bought and sold on the old site and missed it passing.  The people I dealt with there FTF were, without exception, nice and honorable people.
Looking forward to the new site, already have it bookmarked!
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 12:31:44 AM EDT
[#37]
I know when facebook kicked off the gun sellers, there was a guy from there that started
http://www.azgunbuy.com/forum.php
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 12:39:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
glad to hear it, loved AZS back in the day.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 12:42:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
And yet Arizona Dirt Shooters is still around.
View Quote
what? really? I know the guy that owns that site.  My wife hates the owner, well he is a tool.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 12:58:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 4:30:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I've got the forums mostly ready.

I will also have a free pic hosting app set up that will be independent of the forums for gun-related pics only (but also one tied to the forums).

Also working on an event calendar.

Need to get a decent logo though.
View Quote
.... I'd so be down for that!
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 9:09:24 PM EDT
[#42]
A new version of the old -old AZS - sign me up!
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 10:02:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 11:42:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
I’m good with that, I liked AZS.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 12:00:50 AM EDT
[#45]
There's always arizonagunowners.com
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 6:45:39 PM EDT
[#46]
AZS will be back - When nobody knows.  GoDaddy had several servers commit suicide.  When they get them fixed, DAnthony stated it would be back up.  (note was via a 3 party, it was posted on the AZS Facebook page) and I don't do Facebook !
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 12:11:32 AM EDT
[#47]
That would be a good day to have something like the old AZ Shooting site back up.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 12:42:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
AZS will be back - When nobody knows.  GoDaddy had several servers commit suicide.  When they get them fixed, DAnthony stated it would be back up.  (note was via a 3 party, it was posted on the AZS Facebook page) and I don't do Facebook !
View Quote
maybe its time to let it die off and create a new and improved AZSHOOTERS forum...
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 12:29:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Anyway to get a state EE section for ftf sales?
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 12:45:56 PM EDT
[#50]
sounds awesome
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top