Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2016 5:46:38 PM EDT
Have crappy laminated countertops, and want something better. I measured it out to right at 50 sq ft.

What can I expect to reasonably pay to have these replaced with something else?
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 5:50:10 PM EDT
[#1]
How handy are you?
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 5:55:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Handy enough to know better!
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 6:49:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I'm a huge proponent of concrete counter tops, but they aren't cost effective unless you make them yourself...

I've done a few and they come out awesome.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 9:29:29 PM EDT
[#4]
My friend was trying to talk me into doing them as well, and I'm a fan of them. Guess I really just don't want the downtime, plus I have never done anything with concrete besides draw dicks in a fresh pour on a construction site as a kid.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:21:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Since no top guys have chimed in, looks like home Depot is your friend.  Did you add for back splash?
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:38:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Since no top guys have chimed in, looks like home Depot is your friend.  Did you add for back splash?
View Quote

Go to lowes first, get the job quoted, then take it to Home Depot and have them beat it by 10%.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 6:53:47 PM EDT
[#7]
RAM Marble is a business down the street from my shop. They are actually doing my kitchen right now.

Talk to Macy at 480 747 2914

Not a flashy place, but they are who contractors who work on nice homes use.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 12:04:58 AM EDT
[#8]
I know of a great top guy, he is too busy to ever return calls tho...

What about Mesa Fullyformed, I believe they do Quartz (my faviort) and granite.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top