Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2015 3:58:54 AM EDT
I received an email today from the NRA ILA looking for volunteers to help clean up a shooting area east of Apache Junction this Saturday. Anyone here going?  I'm planning on it as long as work doesn't get in the way. Seems like a decent way to help ensure this area doesn't get closed to shooting.

Also, this seems to be organized by foot prints matter - anyone know anything about this organization?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:37:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw that, too.

I'm not familiar with that area, even though it's not too far away from me.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:30:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I went.  Large turnout, maybe 150-200 people.  Very well organized with heavy equipment, roll-off dumpsters, heavy duty trash bags, etc.  

People signed in and were assigned to one of about 10 areas to be cleaned up, lots of trash was removed.  Lunch was catered.  

Not all people cleaning up were shooters, as I heard some people commenting that "shooters were such slobs", and "we need to shut this place down".  Also, a fudd shooter commenting on the large amount of "assault rifle" empty brass (actually steel cased Russian stuff) laying around.  The fudd had no comment about the even bigger amount of shotgun shells that were all over.

Over all, most people were very friendly and were glad to be helping to keep the place open to shooters.  

Other people that went can leave their comments.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:36:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I meant to make it out there but some stuff got in the way. I'm glad there was a good turnout. I try to clean up a little every time I leave my favorite spots, but they all need some serious love from time to time. More of this stuff should happen
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:48:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I meant to make it out there but some stuff got in the way. I'm glad there was a good turnout. I try to clean up a little every time I leave my favorite spots, but they all need some serious love from time to time. More of this stuff should happen
View Quote

I have been to a couple of these clean ups. The sad part is that before long they end up looking exactly the same. I guess people figure they left the junk they were shoot behind last time and someone cleaned it up why not do it again.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:44:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I have been to a couple of these clean ups. The sad part is that before long they end up looking exactly the same. I guess people figure they left the junk they were shoot behind last time and someone cleaned it up why not do it again.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is definitely the mentality of most people I think. A lot of people also feel generous by leaving their brass. When I was younger I kind of thought that too, you know someone must want all this 5.56 brass! In reality it is just litter. I don't make much mess other than casings anyway but I always take at least that much home with me
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top