Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2015 3:47:25 PM EDT
Im trying to find a good deal on some machining work.  Small aluminum box frames. Nothing complicated just some milling.  Probably comparable to something like a lower reciever.   Probably only need batches of twenty a month at most.    Anyone know where to go?
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:37:14 PM EDT
[#1]
what tolerances do you need held ? do you need them finished / anodized ? is it going to be milled from a solid ?
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:10:41 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

what tolerances do you need held ? do you need them finished / anodized ? is it going to be milled from a solid ?
View Quote
Well I would  hope I could get everything under a millimeter as far as errors go.  I don't need them finished.  I can polish aluminum myself.   May end up doing some anodizing in future batches but not at first.  

Yeah I do believe they would probably be milled from a solid.

Im looking to expand my home business.  I make wood box mods.  (fancy ecigs)

Im looking to get into the metal frame regulated (computer chip controlled) market.  

So something similar to this but full frame . Insides wont need anything fancy other than some areas where things will be mounted. No tapping or anything crazy.

I also am not able to do the computer 3d modeling crap. I can give exact measurements and whatnot of the design once I settle on it but whoever does the work would have to apply my drawings and measurements.

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 12:47:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 2:33:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have a guy that I used to work with at Hogan manufacturing. He has since left there, and I have used him recently to make some fixtures for me. His name is John, number is 602-696-7897. This would be right up his alley. He is on the west side, tell him Doug Kircher from Molon Labe sent you.

Also, if you want any laser engraving done on those, the wood or metal, surface or deep engraving, let me know.

Doug Kircher

Molon Labe LLC
View Quote
Can you do bright cut engraving?

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 7:51:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Have you considered a cut and formed solution?  It may be more cost effective than whittling it out of billet.

CEMAZ is in Deer Valley.  They've been an equally easy to work with as a vendor and customer for the better part of a decade.

Whether fabbed or machined they can do it.  Low quantities are no big deal.  For finishing they offer plating, coating,etc.  For part marking- pad printing, laser marking (on appropriate surfaces), stamping, etc are available.

I've always experienced a very low ego quotient there.  Very refreshing

***no financial interest***
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:32:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Locash! He does great work. Engraving/etching in house.
LoCash
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:05:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the help guys. Lots of optiona to choose from.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:40:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Found my guy from a pm from one of you. Price was way lower than expected.  Going to be self employed soon if all goes well.  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:08:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top