Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2015 10:20:56 AM EDT
Palmetto State Armory has them on sale for 349 and I am Sooooooper Tempted to pick one up.
Having never shot one, I am worried about the height over bore "issue" . Are they similar to a 1911?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 2:46:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Paging Sigchef, paging one Sigchef.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 12:28:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Buy it and don't look back.  I have a SP2022 in 9mm and its my EDC, has been for the last 4 years.  The trigger out of the box is better then any of my other SIG's.  Controls are typical SIG and the grip texture is superb, its very aggressive but not to the point of hurting your hand after a day of shooting.  If you have shot any of the classic P series SIG's and didn't mind the bore height then the 2022's wont bother you. If your in the valley and want to put a few rounds through mine let me know.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 4:13:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks SigChef. I bought it. I figured it's a Sig, gotta be decent at minimum. Plus at 349 with night sights. How could I not.

Where did you pick up your extra mags?
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 4:20:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Haven't shot the 9mm but the Sig P2380 has a very nice trigger. I would suspect they are either the same since the both frames are very similar in size.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 7:10:52 AM EDT
[#5]
CTD has these.
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/2-MCGSP917AFC
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:32:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Palmetto State Armory has them on sale for 349 and I am Sooooooper Tempted to pick one up.

Having never shot one, I am worried about the height over bore "issue" . Are they similar to a 1911?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
View Quote
I had 15,000 rounds through my 2022.  Used it for edc and competition.  The gun runs really well, but there were some physical limitations to the gun that I could not deal with any longer so I moved on to something else.  The gun does not have a 1911 like trigger; that would be impossible to have in a DA/SA trigger system. The height over bore was one issue that made me change.  You can't go wrong at $350 for a gun that is that reliable.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:14:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the replies.
Did you use the mec gear mags? We're they as good as the factory mags?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:17:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks for the replies.

Did you use the mec gear mags? We're they as good as the factory mags?
View Quote
I always shot it as I would carry it.  15rd factory mag to start with 17rd back up mecgar mags.  Any one know knows me knows I'm hard on gear.  I've never had issues with those mags.  Here is a photo of the aftermath of a crawl through some mud at 2gamce.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:35:01 AM EDT
[#9]
I bought one in .40 and shot the crap out out of it. Liked it so much I went out and got one in 9mm.  When I am out camping or fishing, etc. I always seem to pack one of the two as my sidearm. I like mine. Got my extra factory mags at CDNN when they had them on sale a while back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top