Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2014 2:58:42 AM EDT
I'm currently out of the Country on business for over a year and my buddy that is storing over 15k of ammo (.223, 9mm, .45, .22LR) for me at his place just emailed me and said he needs to move in a few months, so I will have to find another place to keep my ammo.  I will be back in AZ for a week later this year and I plan to drive the ammo with me to a family member's place in So Cal and was wondering if this is illegal?

My initial thoughts is it is fine to do but not sure.  

What say you?

Thanx in advance for the feedback...
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 6:09:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm currently out of the Country on business for over a year and my buddy that is storing over 15k of ammo (.223, 9mm, .45, .22LR) for me at his place just emailed me and said he needs to move in a few months, so I will have to find another place to keep my ammo.  I will be back in AZ for a week later this year and I plan to drive the ammo with me to a family member's place in So Cal and was wondering if this is illegal?

What say you?

View Quote

There is nothing illegal about it that I know of, as long as you're not transporting anything prohibited by CA.

There is an export tax for an amount that large, though. It's payable to me.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 6:34:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

There is nothing illegal about it that I know of, as long as you're not transporting anything prohibited by CA.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What say you?

Yeah that's what I'm thinking too.

Damn you're getting a cut on everything coming in and out of AZ?
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 7:41:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Legal or not, my guess is California police will confiscate it if you get caught.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 7:46:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Legal or not, my guess is California police will confiscate it if you get caught.
View Quote

That could be true maybe confiscate pending investigation.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 8:49:14 AM EDT
[#5]

15,000 rounds is now considered a "large amount"?

Move along; nothing to see but hiding hoarding Bears....  
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 11:10:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

15,000 rounds is now considered a "large amount"?

Move along; nothing to see but hiding hoarding Bears....  
View Quote

To most it is large, to less than 1% of America it is medium
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 11:37:35 AM EDT
[#7]
If you need to store it in state I could hold 15k for you.  U dont gave room in the safe but I could put it in a closet or something.  Youd have to pay me a case of coors light bottles though.  Also if shit hits the fan  (civil war, revolution, alien invasion ect)and your not around dont expect it to be there for very long..
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 12:35:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I can hold it for you, no charge. All I ask is that you provide an ammo locker for it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 1:08:36 PM EDT
[#9]
There is nothing illegal as far as the Feds are concerned.  The DOT Hazardous Materials Regulations don't apply if you are moving your personal property.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 1:08:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I can hold it for you, no charge. All I ask is that you provide an ammo locker for it.
View Quote

I do appreciate the offers from you and Victor but I'm not really looking for help with a place to store, just wondering if somebody knows something I may not know when driving across state lines with a substantial amount of ammo.

Once again thanx for the offers to help.

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 1:10:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
There is nothing illegal as far as the Feds are concerned.  The DOT Hazardous Materials Regulations don't apply if you are moving your personal property.
View Quote

Thanks for the feedback!
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 2:33:12 PM EDT
[#12]
You should be fine. I move decent size lots of ammo back and fourth to Cali at least twice a year.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 2:45:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I do appreciate the offers from you and Victor but I'm not really looking for help with a place to store, just wondering if somebody knows something I may not know when driving across state lines with a substantial amount of ammo.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No problem man, I'll help my fellow AZHTF if I can, but not Couch Douche after what he had said weeks ago. Fuck that guy.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 8:30:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You should be fine. I move decent size lots of ammo back and fourth to Cali at least twice a year.
View Quote

Now we know why they have so many quakes over there.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 8:41:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 8:45:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Does this fall under FOPA?
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 3:03:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Your welcome to store it at my AC'ed storage space in North Phx.  I have about 40k there but there is room.  I only ask that youu pay 40% of the montly rental ($65).

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 5:26:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

This would be my concern.

Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:35:35 AM EDT
[#19]
No tracer rounds allowed, no linked ammo belts over 10 rounds, & no AP pistol ammo.  Besides those BS restrictions any amounts should be no concern.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top