Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/13/2014 10:57:44 AM EDT
Hey guys.
My girlfriend is wanting to do a CCW class really bad (and of course after that we'll do more training courses together) and there's a really good Groupon for an 8 hour CCW class by the group called Armed Personal Defense. Anyone have input on these folks?
TIA
Balisong
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 1:28:01 PM EDT
[#1]
IF your on the west side of town, you could try Black Wolf

http://www.azccwclasses.com/
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 2:08:39 PM EDT
[#2]
You'll always get what you pay for with training - cheaper does not = good deal.

Independence Training has a CCW class in Phx tomorrow, contact me for more info (or see the post in AZ HTF).
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 2:47:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You'll always get what you pay for with training - cheaper does not = good deal.

Independence Training has a CCW class in Phx tomorrow, contact me for more info (or see the post in AZ HTF).
View Quote

QFMFT
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 3:51:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Gator Farm Tactical has a great CCW class on the 21st in Tucson.  It is taught by a TPD Detective Sergeant who is on Mas Ayoob's legal team.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 6:09:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Gator Farm Tactical has a great CCW class on the 21st in Tucson.  It is taught by a TPD Detective Sergeant who is on Mas Ayoob's legal team.
View Quote

this would also be a good choice. not all instructors are created equal, and anyone who's willing to sell their services at a highly discounted rate, is telling you the value that they place on the information they will be presenting to you.
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 11:21:14 AM EDT
[#6]
1st choice = Independence
2nd = Black Wolf

With Independence you get a lot more than just a CCW class.... solid group of trainers, and they aren't too bad a folk either

Black Wolf.... John is a great guy and teaches a good course.
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 5:12:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey OP,

Is it "APDI", or "Armed Personal Defense Institute"?  If so, that's Doug Little; good guy, good class.  Money well spent.
If it's just APD, then I can't comment on that
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 6:10:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Took my wife to independence trainings ccw yesterday and they were great with her.  I made the n mistake of having here shoot my glock because shes a lefty, forgetting it has an oversize eject button.  They were super patient with her and at the end of what could have been a frustrating day that could sour someone on it she talked the whole way home about how much she wants to shoot more and take more classes.  We are looking forward to the IFAK course and some carbine and coyote classes
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 3:41:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Hey OP,

Is it "APDI", or "Armed Personal Defense Institute"?  If so, that's Doug Little; good guy, good class.  Money well spent.

View Quote

Agreed. If it's Doug Little, take advantage of the opportunity.

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 7:24:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey OP,

Thanks for the input folks. It is indeed Doug Little's class. I should have mentioned in the OP that it's a theory-only classroom class without range time, no doubt part of the reason for the good deal on it; although his normal prices are pretty comparable to other programs, it just happens to have a groupon at the moment. For such a reasonable price I figure it'll be a good primer for my gf and a good updating for me since I know there have been law changes the last few years that I should have been more on top of. This fall we'll start doing some real training together and checking out some of these other schools mentioned in this thread. Thanks again,
Balisong
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top