Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2014 7:34:26 PM EDT
So yesterday this happened in my hood:

Hit and run

PHOENIX (KSAZ) -
Friends gathered Sunday at the scene of a deadly hit and run in North Phoenix where a 20-year old man was hit and killed. His girlfriend in custody for leaving the scene of a fatal crash.

Read more: http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/24552260/2014/01/26/victims-girlfriend-arrested-in-hit-and-run-fatal-crash#ixzz2rZPSOrCq

And now dozens are outside near the spot (not the issue) but there are many vehicles doing burnouts up and down the street in the victims memory....

The irony, the victims last sound he heard was probably screeching rubber....    Its the sound that woke me up when it happened....

Is this normal, or am I just an old cranky man?  
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:47:29 PM EDT
[#1]
That's fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 8:54:13 PM EDT
[#2]
R.I.P. burnouts? That's weird.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 11:17:22 PM EDT
[#3]
A woman just happens to hit her boyfriend with her car when he just finished bike riding with other people?

Yeah, OK! Sounds more like premeditated murder.

Police say the girlfriend admitted to driving the car at the time of the crash but she told investigators she thought she hit a pole and just kept going.

Phoenix Police say the victim was walking in a bike lane when the car left the road, hitting and killing him.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 3:04:32 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

A woman just happens to hit her boyfriend with her car when he just finished bike riding with other people?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Police say the girlfriend admitted to driving the car at the time of the crash but she told investigators she thought she hit a pole and just kept going.

Phoenix Police say the victim was walking in a bike lane when the car left the road, hitting and killing him.

... yeah, that's weird
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 4:22:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

No it happened at 2:13 in the morning, he was walking in the bike lane, after he got out of the vehicle after a fight they had up the road.... not on the sidewalk.

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:19:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No it happened at 2:13 in the morning, he was walking in the bike lane, after he got out of the vehicle after a fight they had up the road.... not on the sidewalk.

View Quote

Damn near had that happen to me.....I heard the engine screaming and was able to run into a yard and hurdled one of those big green electrical boxes....and she barely missed that.

young love...
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 10:57:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're right, had to re-read the article. It is badly written and jumps all over the place.

I still don't understand why isn't this being investigated as a murder.
If the sexes had been switched, he would have been booked on murder 1 by now.

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 12:39:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You're right, had to re-read the article. It is badly written and jumps all over the place.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im sure given enough time, the charges will be filed under manslaughter.

I have a really hard time beleiving that this was truly an accident, if so, she is still responsible.....
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 12:49:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I was just reading about this.  All I could do is shake my head
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top