Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2013 11:23:53 AM EDT
I have entered an agreement with Arizona Security Professionals http://www.azsecuritypros.com to begin teaching Concealed Weapons and Unarmed/Armed Guard courses for them and expanding their firearms training curriculum into basic to intermediate level pistol, rifle, and shotgun courses.

Whether you are a new firearms owner or have been shooting for decades, everyone can benefit from professional instruction.  My focus is in gun handling and marksmanship; I will teach you how to operate your firearms safely, efficiently, and accurately.  The information presented in my courses is what every firearms owner should know about their guns and how to use them and is intended to give you the tools to practice on your own and seek higher level training if you choose to.

I welcome private lessons and small groups.  If you want the whole family or your co-workers to take a class by yourselves I can accommodate you.  If you have specific training goals, I will do my best to accommodate you.  Email me at [email protected] to discuss details

If you want to know who I am, check out my blog:
http://sinistralrifleman.com/about/
http://sinistralrifleman.com/match-results/

I will post responses in this thread with currently scheduled courses and add them as they become available.

Russell Phagan
Instructor
Arizona Security Professionals
480-466-8832 Cell
480-345-0345 Office
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 11:24:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Classes past
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 2:31:25 PM EDT
[#2]
2 weeks until CCW.
3 weeks out until Practical/Defensive Pistol 1
Link Posted: 9/13/2013 9:13:01 AM EDT
[#3]
To y'all who haven't had any formal/professional training...

GET IT.  I don't know OP, I'm not advertising for him.  My point is, sign up for a class and DO IT.  If you don't have a permit, get one.  If you already have a permit, take the practical/defensive course.  Time and money very well spent.
Link Posted: 9/13/2013 10:03:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have entered an agreement with Arizona Security Professionals http://www.azsecuritypros.com to begin teaching Concealed Weapons and Unarmed/Armed Guard courses for them and expanding their firearms training curriculum into basic to intermediate level pistol, rifle, and shotgun courses.

Whether you are a new firearms owner or have been shooting for decades, everyone can benefit from professional instruction.  My focus is in gun handling and marksmanship; I will teach you how to operate your firearms safely, efficiently, and accurately.  The information presented in my courses is what every firearms owner should know about their guns and how to use them and is intended to give you the tools to practice on your own and seek higher level training if you choose to.

I welcome private lessons and small groups.  If you want the whole family or your co-workers to take a class by yourselves I can accommodate you.  If you have specific training goals, I will do my best to accommodate you.  Email me at [email protected] to discuss details

If you want to know who I am, check out my blog:
http://sinistralrifleman.com/about/
http://sinistralrifleman.com/match-results/

I will post responses in this thread with currently scheduled courses and add them as they become available.

Russell Phagan
Instructor
Arizona Security Professionals
480-466-8832 Cell
480-345-0345 Office
View Quote

I will refer you in Phoenix if you will do the same for me in Tucson.  I have a son who is with one of the Major League teams in Phoenix so that should get you some interesting business.  

I do recommend Rizzo in Northern AZ.
gatorfarmtactical.com
Link Posted: 10/17/2013 8:22:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Concealed Weapons Permit

November 2nd 8AM-5PM

8AM-Noon Ben Avery Shooting Facility Practical Range E

1PM-5PM  Classroom
Arizona Security Professionals, LLC
1208 E. Broadway Road
Suite 200
Tempe, Arizona 85282

“Arizona no longer requires a permit to carry a concealed weapon, so why do I need a permit?”

Ignorance of the law is NO EXCUSE.  Learn Arizona Firearms and Use of Force Laws.  If you are involved in a self-defense shooting your training can be used as evidence that you acted reasonably as you were trained to.  Even if you do not get the permit, taking the class will give you a better understanding of how to act in accordance with Arizona law.

Benefits to having a CCW permit:

Reciprocity: The ability to carry in other states that recognize Arizona’s permit
Carry in restaurants that serve alcohol: If the restaurant does not post a sign prohibiting firearms you are legally allowed to carry with a CCW.
No NICS checks when buying firearms; when the NICS system goes down or is overwhelmed you will be able to easily purchase firearms from Federal Firearms Licensed Dealers

Range Portion Covers
Handgun Safety and Operation
Marksmanship Fundamentals
Drawing from a holster
Reloads and malfunction clearing
Basic Defensive shooting techniques

Bring to the range
A pistol or revolver with at least 100 rounds of ammunition (you can bring more and shoot more)
A quality belt and holster
Eye and Ear protection
Sunscreen
Food and Fluids to be on the range for 4 hours.

$69.00 Individual
$129.00 Couple Rate

Call me at 480-466-8832 to register by phone
Email me at [email protected]
Link Posted: 10/17/2013 12:47:19 PM EDT
[#6]
If you haven't yet, I'd also put this up on Craigslist. Security guards use craigslist a lot to look for work and temp gigs, as well as classes...
Link Posted: 10/17/2013 1:22:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you haven't yet, I'd also put this up on Craigslist. Security guards use craigslist a lot to look for work and temp gigs, as well as classes...
View Quote

We post guard classes weekly on Craigslist and get good results from that for those classes.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:16:36 PM EDT
[#8]
btt class this coming weekend, 5 slots left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top