Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/19/2013 8:16:39 PM EDT
Dove season is less than 2 weeks away!

After 7M3 got me addicted on dove hunting, I'm hoping to get out quite a bit this year.  Victor was kind enough to share his spot with us last year, but unfortunately it's since closed.  I have my eyes on some areas on the east side, but I think they are going to get hammered as they are pretty close to civilization.  Scouting isn't happening for me this year with 4 kids in the house.

How's the west side for dove?  My trips out to that side of town always seem to include a lot of birds in the air.  If anyone on that side of town is willing to take a few extras along, hit myself or 7M3 up.  Maybe you'll even get to see 7M3 nearly get killed by a rattler again this year...
Link Posted: 8/19/2013 8:24:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I hunted one spot up north off carefree hwy last year.  Afternoon hunts were shit, mornings were so so.  I live in avondale now though, thinking I should head out toward buckeye?

Link Posted: 8/19/2013 8:29:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I hunted one spot up north off carefree hwy last year.  Afternoon hunts were shit, mornings were so so.  I live in avondale now though, thinking I should head out toward buckeye?

View Quote

Because of my work schedule I pretty much have to hunt afternoons. We had a few deeper into last season that were real busts.
Link Posted: 8/19/2013 9:02:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Somebody willing to take me along?  Count me in.  I will be mostly free in two weeks until Sept 30th.  Need to find something to do!
Link Posted: 8/19/2013 9:23:11 PM EDT
[#4]
No birds on the westside.......

Buckeye can be a warzone. I've returned fire a few times..
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 12:41:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Ill go out and find us some spots on the other side of the 79
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 4:51:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I've got a couple places out west here, but the best spot has become a joke. I'm already scouting flight paths and have some potentially good spots to hit.

I am sooooooo looking forward to getting out there and knocking them out of the sky.

Link Posted: 8/20/2013 5:14:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm eager to go... but dread the horrendous humidity and misery of the Sept hunt.
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 5:47:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Ill go out and find us some spots on the other side of the 79
View Quote

I'll IM you a few water holes I know of.
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 7:11:17 AM EDT
[#9]
I was looking at the boundaries put out by G&F and it looks like they moved them a bit from where they were last year. Where else should I check to make sure of where we can hunt? City websites? Because according to the new boundaries there is an area down the road from me that is now open. If that's the case, the spot I'm wanting to hit is disgustingly thick with feathered targets.

Link Posted: 8/20/2013 7:29:14 AM EDT
[#10]
You guys have my Dovial juices flowing.  I'm going to get the thick cut pepper bacon bought next week.
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 12:26:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I think I may be limited to hunting on just the 3rd & 4th that first week.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 2:07:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Since moving from AJ to N.Phx/Cave Creek area, I have not found a new spot. I use to knock down doves all the time out past the Ren Fair. There are a few water whole out there. Also use to hunt before it was popular, the desert right across the road from Mountain View Rd/ Silly Mountain. If you come to the West side, I would love to join ya. This my first yr out here.
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 2:56:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I may need to come down and hunt with one of you guys this year. I always say "Meh" to dove hunting, but my shotgun needs to stretch it's legs before predator season fires back. Who wants to go out during the week sometime?
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 3:40:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I may need to come down and hunt with one of you guys this year. I always say "Meh" to dove hunting, but my shotgun needs to stretch it's legs before predator season fires back. Who wants to go out during the week sometime?
View Quote

Evenings during the week work best for me. Can you do either of the dates 7M3 is free?
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 4:06:50 PM EDT
[#15]
I can do week days between Sept 8th and the 30th.
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 4:23:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Evenings during the week work best for me. Can you do either of the dates 7M3 is free?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about the 4th?
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 4:59:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

How about the 4th?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about the 4th?

Pencil it in-I'll work on the details.
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 5:48:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

What day(s) work best for you? Let me know.

Link Posted: 8/20/2013 10:27:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Probably going to head down north of Florence this year.
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 10:35:14 PM EDT
[#20]
If anyone is interested down in Tucson, let me know.
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 10:51:19 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How about the 4th?

Should be good.

Link Posted: 8/20/2013 11:20:16 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Should be good.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How about the 4th?

Should be good.

depending on time and location I might be able to get off an hour early and make it there.  If dualshooter IMs me some spots Ill check em out otherwise this sunday Ill search the east side of the 79 over there and see if any dove are flying and where they are going.

Link Posted: 8/21/2013 5:30:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Vic, I sent you the spot I know of. I'm sure you can find better ones with a little scouting.
Link Posted: 8/21/2013 6:53:23 PM EDT
[#24]
I got home early and was playing with my son when he decided it was time to hunt doves.  At first he was blasting away at imaginary doves, but then I reminded him that he could only have a few shots in his gun and then he had to reload.  I enjoyed watching him fire three shots, shuck three imaginary shells into the gun, and start all over:

Link Posted: 8/25/2013 1:54:13 PM EDT
[#25]
One week to opener bump!
Link Posted: 8/25/2013 1:58:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I got home early and was playing with my son when he decided it was time to hunt doves.  At first he was blasting away at imaginary doves, but then I reminded him that he could only have a few shots in his gun and then he had to reload.  I enjoyed watching him fire three shots, shuck three imaginary shells into the gun, and start all over:

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3113/3gsf.jpg
View Quote

Thats actually one of the nicer blinds Ive seen here in AZ.
Link Posted: 8/25/2013 4:19:54 PM EDT
[#27]
I went and did some scouting this morning in a different area than I have been going the past couple years and I have to say it looks very promising! I don't think I will be getting much sleep the last couple nights before opening day.
Link Posted: 8/25/2013 4:58:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I went and did some scouting this morning in a different area than I have been going the past couple years and I have to say it looks very promising! I don't think I will be getting much sleep the last couple nights before opening day.
View Quote

Which side of town are you on? The numbers look way better flying over my house in Gilbert the last few days.
Link Posted: 8/25/2013 5:01:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Which side of town are you on? The numbers look way better flying over my house in Gilbert the last few days.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are we still looking at the 4th? After we limit on doves, perhaps some predator hunting will be in order . . . .
Link Posted: 8/25/2013 5:12:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Are we still looking at the 4th? After we limit on doves, perhaps some predator hunting will be in order . . . .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.  I need to touch base with Victor and see if be was able to scout this weekend.
Link Posted: 8/25/2013 6:47:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm way out west in Goodyear bordering on Buckeye in Estrella Ranch. My backyard overlooks Rainbow Valley.

Ya know, if you find you have too many birds to shoot at.........

One thing I'm loving is the amount of Euro's and White Wings I'm seeing.

Link Posted: 8/25/2013 7:06:20 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

No birds on the westside.......

Buckeye can be a warzone. I've returned fire a few times..
View Quote
No shit.  My spot got shot out last year, and over run.  Looking for a new area....

I could get my limit every day in my back yard, but PPD would not appreciate.

Gonna be gone for opening day, I am bummed.  Gonna try for the Sunday after.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 10:42:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yes.  I need to touch base with Victor and see if be was able to scout this weekend.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm out for the 4th. Can we do the 3rd?
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 11:06:31 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm sure Yuma will be flooded with every Californian again.  A lot of those dumbasses leave trash, cleanings, and other shit behind.  And they love to get right up next to you to try and push you out of the way.
They are careless with their muzzles.  Just a bad scene.  
Hate those bastards.
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 11:07:15 AM EDT
[#35]
I can't do the 3rd-I already arranged my work schedule for the 4th.
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 11:09:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm sure Yuma will be flooded with every Californian again.  A lot of those dumbasses leave trash, cleanings, and other shit behind.  And they love to get right up next to you to try and push you out of the way.
Hate those bastards.
View Quote

I'm actually headed to El Centro for the opener with a group of family friends. I'm kinda regretting not sticking around here now.
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 11:52:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

I won't be back from Afghanistan till November but I'd love to go.
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 11:53:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

I won't be back from Afghanistan till November but I'd love to go.
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 12:42:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Im going opening morning with my dad, ARLarry. then im going out on Monday for round 2 with Raged!
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 2:43:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

What days? I can hunt mornings on MWF and afternoons on T and TH next week and maybe Tuesday pending on school.
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 2:44:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Damn it. I was all planned out for the 4th but had something come up today that I cannot reschedule. If you become available on Mon or Tues, let me know.
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 6:13:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Damn it. I was all planned out for the 4th but had something come up today that I cannot reschedule. If you become available on Mon or Tues, let me know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe we can make a later week in the season.  I'm hoping to make it out at least once a week.
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 6:34:34 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

ill be going out monday. moening or afternoon doesnt matter to me.  had some bs laat weekend but ill be out scouting saturday afternoon

Link Posted: 8/29/2013 8:58:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Sunday I will be out by White Tanks with a few buddies. So I will have a range report for out there and how f'ing crazy it'll be. Monday I wanna go out all day also so I might go north a little ways up past Deer Valley and see what I can find. See if any are drawn up there cause of the houses or maybe further out on the I10 or something.
Link Posted: 8/30/2013 5:06:01 AM EDT
[#45]
I put an auto sear in my kel Tard KSG!  I'll be down in Copa if with a pick up bed full of anything that moves.
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 2:44:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Good luck today guys!
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 3:40:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Good luck! Opening day! Be safe with all the crazies out there!
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 4:10:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Hate those bastards.
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 9:05:54 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Good luck! Opening day! Be safe with all the crazies out there!
View Quote

Ha ha! Got shot about 4 times.  One kinda stung a little.

Fantastic hunt though.  Wrapped up two hours ahead of last year in the same spot.

(lots of stripped wings this year)
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 11:05:33 AM EDT
[#50]
We finished up around 930am. Good start of the season. 4 of us limited out in about 2.5hrs.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top