Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2013 5:06:32 PM EDT
What can the legal types in AZ tell me about a quit claim deed? My wife left, and our lender for the home won't do anything until we're either legally divorced, separated, or one of files a quit claim deed. A divorce and separation are gonna take to long, as I don't want to get behind on the payments. They said if she'll file a quit claim deed, we can move forward immediately.

Does anyone know how to go about doing this? She'll sign it, but I have to all the footwork. Do I need an attorney to make this happen, or can I fill out the form, and have it notarized, and I'm good?
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 5:16:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I've done it 3 times in the last 10 years (not due to divorce) and never had a problem.  Once I just bought a form at OfficeMax, and twice I downloaded one from the net. Never had a problem, notarized it at the local bank, filed it and their name came off the title.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 5:17:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've done it 3 times in the last 10 years (not due to divorce) and never had a problem.  Once I just bought a form at OfficeMax, and twice I downloaded one from the net. Never had a problem, notarized it at the local bank, filed it and their name came off the title.
View Quote

Thanks. I was hoping it would be easy. Where do you file it at? The county, I take it?
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 5:43:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Wife and I did one when FIL took over our house as a rental. Found an example online, edited, and filed with county recorder. Easy.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 5:44:05 PM EDT
[#4]
The county recorder, if I remember right.  It was pretty simple really.  

The family members I was doing it with wanted their names off the titles of the properties, so we knew it would never be contested.  If you think there's any chance that your wife might contest it in the future I'd talk to an attorney.  I know a good one, reasonably priced.  PM me for his info if you need it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 6:43:45 PM EDT
[#5]
pima co has a link to the form they use on the Pima co recorders office site.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 7:56:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The county recorder, if I remember right.  It was pretty simple really.  

The family members I was doing it with wanted their names off the titles of the properties, so we knew it would never be contested.  If you think there's any chance that your wife might contest it in the future I'd talk to an attorney.  I know a good one, reasonably priced.  PM me for his info if you need it.
View Quote

She's stated she has no intentions of fighting anything. She fucked up, and knows it. I'll check out the county recorders website, right now.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 6:51:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Get a lawyer. Not having a lawyer may expose you to all kinds of trouble years down the road when she's no longer "all messed up". Family law attorneys make their money making sure you're no longer vulnerable to things that you've never heard of, let alone thought of.

The woman you are divorcing is not the one you married.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 9:44:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, she signed it, had it notarized and filed it. I can now move forward with my loan!!

Thanks to everyone for there help!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top