Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2013 9:35:53 PM EDT
Saw 2 USAF planes in af1 style paint yesterday near the terminal.  Are they decommissioned or what's their story?

Also saw what looked like a flock of Harriers parked on the ramp.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 9:51:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been told that the aircraft specifically dedicated for Presidential transport are painted slightly different than the VIP transports. Supposedly only the dedicated AF1s have a blue "cap" that wraps the fuselage at about the front door. The others wrap the blue in front of the cockpit.

From all the pics I have seen, this does seem to be true.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:15:26 AM EDT
[#2]
The Harriers train out of there, and regularly fly right over my house. Pure awesomeness.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 8:34:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool stuff. I'm glad they're out in the open as it was quite te novelty on taxi.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 9:20:17 PM EDT
[#4]
The Harriers are out of Yuma.  Harriers have short legs and need to stop for fuel a lot.  They do a lot of training back and forth from Willie to MAWTS1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top