Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2012 4:24:57 AM EDT
Hello, I'll be in Tempe and am interested in recommendations for gunshops.  Most interested in those old-line places with a lot of oddball guns and consignments; those are the most fun as you never know what you will find (a Glock or AR looks the same anywhere). Want to stay in Tempe and not drive around all day - won't have time.

Thank you!

PS - I'll take food recommendations for lunch, too.  I'm from out West and there is no good Mexican food here.  At all.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 5:26:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I live on far west side of town but I buy most my guns from Arizona Firearms in Tempe (they always have fair prices and great service to me so I travel the hour across town).  I believe it is Priest and University cross streets.  They normally have a great selection but when I was in there picking out a new Kahr on Friday they were low on stock like every other gun shop in country.  Also google pawn shops/guns in your area might get a few hits on what your looking for.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 2:25:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Most interested in those old-line places with a lot of oddball guns and consignments; those are the most fun as you never know what you will find .

Mesa Gun Shop.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 4:15:48 PM EDT
[#3]
AZ firearms and pawn. lots of cool old stuff and police trade ins.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:25:25 AM EDT
[#4]
+1 for AZ firearms, they always have good stuff at good prices, and are pretty knowledgeable too.  As for food, I don't know Mexican in Tempe, but i can tell you that the best freaking burger you can get in AZ is at tThe Chuckbox, on the NW corner of University and College.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:28:14 AM EDT
[#5]
What's that one in Apache Junction?They always seem to have some oddball stuff when I've been in there and the guy behind the counter is a riot..
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:56:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What's that one in Apache Junction?They always seem to have some oddball stuff when I've been in there and the guy behind the counter is a riot..

Most likely AJI on Main.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:20:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Most likely AJI on Main.

That's it.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:25:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Want to stay in Tempe and not drive around all day - won't have time.

Seriously, Tempe just ain't that big.  You can drive across Tempe in about 5-8 minutes if traffic is good.

Best bets are still AZ Firearms on University/Priest and Mesa Gun shop in Mesa.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top