Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2012 5:44:35 PM EDT
We will see, but when I spoke to the claims department they were very helpful and once I gave them to police report number they put the claim from in the mail.  We shall see.

Also, I wonder if I should make up a flyer and pass it out at the Tucson Gun Show?
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:50:11 PM EDT
[#1]
In my LE experience, a flyer isn't helping out.

Scenario A: shithead steals your pistol, uses it, dumps it in a canal.
Scenario B: shithead steals your pistol, sells / trades to other shitheads, endless cycle until its either used and dumped, or found by LEO on a stop.

I won't say "NEVER" gonna help, but most likely won't.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:47:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm,In Tucson then, it will be found during the Monsoons.  Great, we'll see how that so called super finish on German firearms works out.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:53:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
In my LE experience, a flyer isn't helping out.

Scenario A: shithead steals your pistol, uses it, dumps it in a canal.
Scenario B: shithead steals your pistol, sells / trades to other shitheads, endless cycle until its either used and dumped, or found by LEO on a stop.

I won't say "NEVER" gonna help, but most likely won't.

When you get my old .22 back from those shitheads, do me a favor and clean it up would ya? I don't want it back if it is dirty
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 12:07:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hmmm,In Tucson then, it will be found during the Monsoons.  Great, we'll see how that so called super finish on German firearms works out.

They have been catching a lot of B&E bad guys lately... hoping that my stuff comes up too.... Not holding out a lot of hope but I have been told that sometimes, even years later, they pop up...

Richard
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 1:38:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes Richard, Actually as I've been putting the info out I've found two who had their guns returned, but all were after a year or more.  I wonder if the police didn't keep them as evidence for a while.  But I'm still filing an NRA claim, they cover up to $2500. in stolen guns and they said that the first step was making a police report which I did.  So I'll let everyone know how it goes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top