Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2012 6:31:30 AM EDT
Arizona Revised Statues, 13-411. Justification; use of force in crime prevention; applicability

A. A person is justified in threatening or using both physical force and deadly physical force against another if and to the extent the person reasonably believes that physical force or deadly physical force is immediately necessary to prevent the other's commission of arson of an occupied structure under section 13-1704, burglary in the second or first degree under section 13-1507 or 13-1508, kidnapping under section 13-1304, manslaughter under section 13-1103, second or first degree murder under section 13-1104 or 13-1105, sexual conduct with a minor under section 13-1405, sexual assault under section 13-1406, child molestation under section 13-1410, armed robbery under section 13-1904 or aggravated assault under section 13-1204, subsection A, paragraphs 1 and 2.

B. There is no duty to retreat before threatening or using physical force or deadly physical force justified by subsection A of this section.

C. A person is presumed to be acting reasonably for the purposes of this section if the person is acting to prevent what the person reasonably believes is the imminent or actual commission of any of the offenses listed in subsection A of this section.

D. This section includes the use or threatened use of physical force or deadly physical force in a person's home, residence, place of business, land the person owns or leases, conveyance of any kind, or any other place in this state where a person has a right to be.

Wow. I never realized use of lethal force was so widely allowed by AZ law. God help the 18yo banging the 17yo though.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:05:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I can dig it
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:42:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I teach this in my CCW classes.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:00:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I teach this in my CCW classes.

Just realized I hadn't reread the laws in several years. Need to do it more often to keep at the forefront of my mind...just in case.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 10:11:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Take my class.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 10:17:23 AM EDT
[#5]
How much? And where is your class held?

Sorry if this is common knowledge.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:18:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Take my class.

This. Taking a CCW course will teach you things you didn't know that you didn't know. From what I hear, Dan is awesome.

If any of you guys are up north, you can also come and train with me.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 2:10:39 PM EDT
[#7]
If you dont have a CCW, it is a great idea. Probably even as a refresher from time to time...
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:46:57 PM EDT
[#8]
thanks Rizzo, after next April you and I will be part of a pretty darn tight network.  I'd love to have JSteen able to take the class.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:20:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Take my class.

This. Taking a CCW course will teach you things you didn't know that you didn't know. From what I hear, Dan is awesome.

where up north I would love to learn some sidearm technique see what I'm doing wrong
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:06:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Arizona Revised Statues, 13-411. Justification; use of force in crime prevention; applicability

A. A person is justified in threatening or using both physical force and deadly physical force against another if and to the extent the person reasonably believes that physical force or deadly physical force is immediately necessary to prevent the other's commission of arson of an occupied structure under section 13-1704, burglary in the second or first degree under section 13-1507 or 13-1508, kidnapping under section 13-1304, manslaughter under section 13-1103, second or first degree murder under section 13-1104 or 13-1105, sexual conduct with a minor under section 13-1405, sexual assault under section 13-1406, child molestation under section 13-1410, armed robbery under section 13-1904 or aggravated assault under section 13-1204, subsection A, paragraphs 1 and 2.

B. There is no duty to retreat before threatening or using physical force or deadly physical force justified by subsection A of this section.

C. A person is presumed to be acting reasonably for the purposes of this section if the person is acting to prevent what the person reasonably believes is the imminent or actual commission of any of the offenses listed in subsection A of this section.

D. This section includes the use or threatened use of physical force or deadly physical force in a person's home, residence, place of business, land the person owns or leases, conveyance of any kind, or any other place in this state where a person has a right to be.

Wow. I never realized use of lethal force was so widely allowed by AZ law. God help the 18yo banging the 17yo though.

I was an 18 year old banging a 17 year old at one point in time and I didn't get accepted to phoenix cadet program because of it......

We need the three year clause. If you are within 3 years of age it doesn't matter.

Our laws are awesome. You can actually point your gun but not fire it at someone now for a lot of reasons legally.

edit: Forgot to say you actually legally fire blanks anywhere in AZ as well. Even though you might get cited for disturbing the peace there is no law prohibiting you from firing blanks.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:09:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Take my class.

where up north I would love to learn some sidearm technique see what I'm doing wrong

We're based out of Prescott Valley, but we travel all over: Independence Training. There's a number of reviews here in the AZ HTF concerning our courses.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 1:07:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Threefeathers - which class?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 2:09:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I was an 18 year old banging a 17 year old at one point in time and I didn't get accepted to phoenix cadet program because of it......

That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age.

I couldn't resist
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 10:59:46 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.scoutlondon.com/blog/wp-content/themes/ScoutLive_106/thumb.php?src=http://www.scoutlondon.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/dazed-and-confused.jpg&w=600&h=340&zc=1&q=100

That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age.

I couldn't resist

lol

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top