Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2011 7:32:29 PM EDT
Has anyone done any geode hunting in the Superstion Mountain area?  I have heard the best place is Flagstaff.  My 3rd grade daughter is interested right now in rocks and wanted to take her out. But, I am not an expert on geode's or rocks for that matter.  I have did some research online but not getting much information.  Any ideas?  Thanks for any info you can provide.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:43:08 PM EDT
[#1]
All I know of is the Hauser geode beds near Blythe, unfortunately it is on the CA side...but it puts out.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:52:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Id like to know this as well.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 4:58:41 AM EDT
[#3]
There are several beds around Payson.

Houston Mesa road-just past the third crossing on the north side of the road has always produced well for me.

There are several around Preacher Canyon past Diamond Point also.

Its been several years since I have been out there but I cant imagine it being much different.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top