Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2011 9:59:32 PM EDT
So I was digging through a box of old stuff the other day, stuff I haven't even seen for several years (which means it's time to ditch it). I gave a whole box of late 80's / early 90's sports cards to one of my Scouts, and I even found quite a few Pogs - remember those? My kids are currently enjoying them.

Anyways, I also found some old Dungeons and Dragons stuff, some books and guides and such. I have no use for them, and I don't think they're worth much so I want them to go to someone who will use them. I'll let this hang around the HTF for a few days, and then it's going to the "Pay It Forward" thread. Whoever wants them can either pick them up in Prescott Valley or pay shipping - doesn't matter to me.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:06:12 PM EDT
[#1]
You should never have admitted to owning that stuff. You are no longer his tactical holiness, from this day forward you shall be dungeon master.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 12:00:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Do we flank them, or do we roll the 200 sided die and try and summon the fire dragon?
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 1:33:07 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

You should never have admitted to owning that stuff. You are no longer his tactical holiness, from this day forward you shall be dungeon master.

Man, kick a guy when he's down! lol
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 1:33:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I ended up shipping mine to some interested guys on base. Was going to sell them on CL, but when I found out the guys were taking it on deployment I just sent it out... From what I hear, it's not that uncommon for groups to play while on base or on deployment.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 5:34:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Ouch. I was a little kid when I played this! Actually my oldest sister's first husband was a big D&D dork, and gave me a bunch of this stuff. It got tossed in a box and now it has re-surfaced in my "kid stuff" box. I also found a bunch of Micro Machines - Hell Yeah! My son is loving that.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 6:43:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Are Dungeon Masters still able collect ammo taxes?

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:28:28 AM EDT
[#7]
On a semi-related subject D&D and LARPing of any kind are banned at Tent City hahahahaha. When the DO told me that I couldn't stop laughing I was just imagining the Vatos vs. the Aryans and some 240 pound mexican guy with tear drop tattoos and a full mural of Jesus on his back throwing rolled up pieces of toilet paper at a huge white guy with a swastika on his chest yelling "lightning bolt, lightning bolt, lightning bolt."

Pretty much like this except at Tent City and with inmates.

The DO said when the prisoners started LARPing it caused way too much trouble so they had to ban it hahaha.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:39:32 AM EDT
[#8]
It's okay bro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPGf6RebLhM
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 9:40:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I was just imagining the Vatos vs. the Aryans and some 240 pound mexican guy with tear drop tattoos and a full mural of Jesus on his back throwing rolled up pieces of toilet paper at a huge white guy with a swastika on his chest yelling "lightning bolt, lightning bolt, lightning bolt."

Dude, I am going to giggle all day at that.  Thank you.

On semi related note, and I will admit.  When I was married my wife she had a son.  He was 3 when we met, he was 7-8 by this time.  (Real father was on drugs or in jail, i dint remember) and I were digging through my boxes and I stumbled upon all my old GI Joe stuff.  He flipped out, "This is so cool!!"   It took all of 39 seconds to have it all unpacked.   Yeah, with an hour we squad engagements, flashbangs going off, clearing out the Cobra base, room to room, sniper deployed, helo air supoprt, even some guys "HALO"ed in.   That living room was a war zone.  

After a couple of hours and were wiped out.  "Dad, your soooo  good at this"  I had to laugh, got some years practicing.  

All though, right when I felt young at heart again, I couldnt belive how sore my knees and hips were from playing on the ground.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 10:59:09 AM EDT
[#10]
poor Rizzo....
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 12:50:19 PM EDT
[#11]
D&D is cool.

Haven't played on a tabletop in a couple of decades, though.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:44:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I can't wait to take another course, it's gonna be great......."THREAT!!!! Dungeon Master I'm going right!" "Damn Dungeon Master, you shot that pregnant lady in the face, good thing it was a gun and not a cell phone."

HAHAHA this is gonna be awesome, can't wait for my next vacation.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 10:06:23 PM EDT
[#13]

To be fair, I played D&D religiously as a kid.  Haven't played any table top RPG's in quite awhile, but know plenty of gamers.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 10:30:24 PM EDT
[#14]
I never played but my wife did and so did many of my USMC buddies. I could never  quite grasp rolling dice and laying cards down in funny patterns. More power to those who play though.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:43:54 AM EDT
[#15]
I have a dorky buddy who is way into that shit who would appreciate them . (he works for sundevil)  

If your ever in town hit me up and Ill transfer the dork stuff to him.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:53:56 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

On a semi-related subject D&D and LARPing of any kind are banned at Tent City hahahahaha. When the DO told me that I couldn't stop laughing I was just imagining the Vatos vs. the Aryans and some 240 pound mexican guy with tear drop tattoos and a full mural of Jesus on his back throwing rolled up pieces of toilet paper at a huge white guy with a swastika on his chest yelling "lightning bolt, lightning bolt, lightning bolt."

Pretty much like this except at Tent City and with inmates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ04mfAY2BU&feature=player_embedded

The DO said when the prisoners started LARPing it caused way too much trouble so they had to ban it hahaha.

You should spend some time with the diaper snipers. I swear its like working at a grade school. The shit they do/say is nothing short of WTF!? Worst/ best times of my career. For one they leave you alone for the most part since they are not "real" inmates and are just kind of there. But on the other hand the problems they come up with are enough to drive you crazy. "So-and-so over there doesn't like me, not like me like me, he says he just doesnt like me, what should I do?"
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:21:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Walked into Samurai Comics in Mesa yesterday (they opened a temp store right by Atomic when Atomic shut their doors a few weeks ago) and they were having a Magic the Gathering tournament.  Over 150 attendees... oh the smell of unwashed sweaty teens
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:29:08 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Walked into Samurai Comics in Mesa yesterday (they opened a temp store right by Atomic when Atomic shut their doors a few weeks ago) and they were having a Magic the Gathering tournament.  Over 150 attendees... oh the smell of unwashed sweaty teens

When I was 14-15 I use to play Warhammer 40k its like a table top game where you assemble and paint your own units. It puts you in control of a futuristic Army. The reason I quit when I was 16 was because of guys like that and knowing when I got their age that was not where I wanted to be hahaha.

This is what Warhammer looks like.

Surprisingly enough when I joined the Army there was a shit ton of guys who still played it and they even sell it in most PX's. The first time I ever really talked to an officer in length was when a captain spotted me looking at the Warhammer stuff in a PX.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:52:48 AM EDT
[#19]
i always liked the dice
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top