Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2011 3:51:52 PM EDT
Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone knows of some good trails to take in the higher country in central/Eastern AZ? Looking to do a few weekend trips before it gets too cold... I hate that fluffy white shit that falls from the sky up there in the winter. Specific road/trail names and/or GPS coordinates are most appreciated. I like scenic trails that are challenging but not too bad (my truck is locked and armored but the better half gets bitchy when things get too rough). I'd like to avoid Reservations and such that require permits to stay over night. Places to shoot are always a bonus but not necessary. Feel free to post pictures also. Love the desert but it gets a little old.

Thanks much!

Link Posted: 9/23/2011 4:53:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you checked out the Pinal Mountains in Globe? FR 112 and 222 will take you up to Pinal Peak at about 7000 ft. Mount Lemmon north of Tucson is some good wheeling too. I always go in from Oracle and run FR 38 to the top. There are a couple of dedicated campgrounds along FR 38 and plenty of spots to be on your own. Mt Lemmon is 9100 ft.
Link Posted: 9/23/2011 5:25:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Have you checked out the Pinal Mountains in Globe? FR 112 and 222 will take you up to Pinal Peak at about 7000 ft. Mount Lemmon north of Tucson is some good wheeling too. I always go in from Oracle and run FR 38 to the top. There are a couple of dedicated campgrounds along FR 38 and plenty of spots to be on your own. Mt Lemmon is 9100 ft.

I have been down to Lemmon a couple times, but I've never been up to Pinal Peak, I'll have to check it out! Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:30:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Head over to

AZFJ.org

and you will find the info you are looking for.

Its mostly FJ cruisers, but everyone is welcome, even people that drive vehicles that start with "J"...
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:57:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Head over to

AZFJ.org

and you will find the info you are looking for.

Its mostly FJ cruisers, but everyone is welcome, even people that drive vehicles that start with "J"...
Cool, thank you!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top