Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2011 3:57:54 PM EDT
So, I've been selling some toys here and there to slim down my collection, as I'd much rather have a few GREAT firearms than a lot of OK ones. I also sold a lot to get in on the SS 5-20x50HD deal, but that didn't happen for a few reasons. So I've got a few plans in mind for some of the "left-overs," including a nice PSS.

I understand the need to get good glass on the PSS, but that's something I'm planning for as a longer-term purchase (USO, NF, the new SS, maybe others). That being said, I know a decent McMillan will take 4-6 months to have made, so I'd rather get that started for now so I can have it in my hands by the end of the year and get this rifle moving towards completion. I also have a recently completed SPR I can get to know to hold me over for a while until I can stock and glass the PSS.

So, I'm hoping to find a way I can get behind a few different stocks so I can decide what I really want. I know about the Long Range Precision Rifle Shooters club that shoots once a month at PRGC, and I plan to check them out, but are there any other events I should consider? I'd love to shoot the match at PRGC myself, but I won't be able to do that for a bit (recently had surgery on my foot, and it wouldn't handle lying prone for long periods right now, nor the various shooting positions I'm sure are used), but I can stop by and view the match, and spend a little bit of time behind a few rifles just to get a feel for them.

Right now I'm REALLY leaning towards an McM A5, but would like to get behind a few different styles of McMillan, Manners, and AICS stocks before I plunk down close to $800 for a stock. Is there a good mix to sample at the LRPRSC matches? Other suggestions? Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 4:52:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Good thing for you, McMillan is located in Phoenix.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 6:19:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

and theyre the best

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 6:29:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yes, they are, but Manners and AI are not. However, a tour of the McMillan facility sounds in order, now that you've reminded me.

As for Manners and AI, I suppose I'll just hit up the precision matches and ask around.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top