Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2011 9:01:41 AM EDT
I have gotten to the age and point that I want to trash my old will and start a liveing trust. Being a cheap bastard I was thinking of doing it my self or finding a cut rate service. I checked with an attorney and the price seamed kinda high ,$2300.00. I want to save money but do not want to screw the pooch by being cheap . In so much that the person who sets it up will have all my personal info (SS#,bank accounts#,and such) they need to be 100% honest and trustworthy . I was hopeing someone here who has gone through this could get me going in the right direction. The easy way would be to get a trust lawer to do it .If I can find a trust lawer that is good and not priced to high that would be great .If anyone hase any recomendations I would love to heare them . I haven't got much by some standards,but I  have perfect credit and have acquired some property and a few bucks over the years and would like to keep them safe and pass them on . Maybe $2300.00 is a fair price I just don't know ?
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 9:30:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I was quoted almost 5K for the same thing, maybe you got a good deal and didn't know it? I didn't go into that one for the same reasons you said. Seemed an awful lot of money for some paperwork in my opinion. Theres gotta be a better (cheaper) way to do this.
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 10:03:46 AM EDT
[#2]
It's pretty fair.

A living trust should include wills, power of attorneys, and the trust documents.  Plus transfer fees to get property in (such as your house deed).
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 10:05:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Wow ––- those quotes do seem high.

I just checked with my supervisor as she and her husband had a 'Living Trust' set up just a month or so ago. She tells me they were charged $1,400.00 for it (this is up in Kingman) and she is very happy with it.

Buyer beware!
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 10:45:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I was thinking $1000.00 to $1500.00  would be about right and I would pay that . I was looking on Legalzoom.com and for $200.00 you can do it yourself . I'm going to look in to that .
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 10:56:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe a local attorney could an AR15 local group buy /discount ?
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 11:12:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Legalzoom.com is the way to go.
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 11:30:12 AM EDT
[#7]
It's looking like Legal zoom is going to be it .Looks pretty easy ,Let's hope I don't screw up the paperwork.
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 11:36:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It's looking like Legal zoom is going to be it .Looks pretty easy ,Let's hope I don't screw up the paperwork.

That is why you want a lawyer to do it.  A weak legal document isn't much (if any) better than no legal document.  

I can give you a good recommendation for one is Scottsdale if you want.  He did ours.
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 3:08:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quicken Will maker.  You can make an NFA trust while you're at it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 4:20:57 PM EDT
[#10]
[/quote]That is why you want a lawyer to do it.  A weak legal document isn't much (if any) better than no legal document.  

I can give you a good recommendation for one is Scottsdale if you want.  He did ours.[/quote]

And........that's why I haven't done some quickie internet paper. I don't wanna piss away my money, let alone do it on something that isn't worth the paper is printed on. Not saying that Quicken or Legalzoom ain't good, just don't wanna have to go to court and when I whip out my www.whatever paperwork......get laughed at and my stuff taken to boot.
Link Posted: 6/16/2011 12:18:39 PM EDT
[#11]
People said that about Turbotax for years.  

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 10:58:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Should be closer to $1000.  Give Tim Forshey at Davis, McKee, and Forshey a call.  Drop my name.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top