Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2011 11:01:11 PM EDT
Nothing against the Tea Party in the slightest, but its starting to really piss me off how the Gadsden flag is now being called the Tea Party flag.  The Tea Party is simply using that flag.  The Gadsden flag has been around since 1775 when Christopher Gadsden designed it and was first adopted by the Marine Corp.  Its significance and meaning go FAR beyond the Tea Party which is why I fly it on July 4th instead of Old Glory.

I really got my panties in a bunch this morning when I heard Barry Young referring to it as such for the 3rd or 4th time.  I've yet to hear a caller clarify the relationship, or lack thereof.
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 11:50:51 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Nothing against the Tea Party in the slightest, but its starting to really piss me off how the Gadsden flag is now being called the Tea Party flag.  The Tea Party is simply using that flag.  The Gadsden flag has been around since 1775 when Christopher Gadsden designed it and was first adopted by the Marine Corp.  Its significance and meaning go FAR beyond the Tea Party which is why I fly it on July 4th instead of Old Glory.

I really got my panties in a bunch this morning when I heard Barry Young referring to it as such for the 3rd or 4th time.  I've yet to hear a caller clarify the relationship, or lack thereof.

saw this in GD and should have known you were talking about Barry.  

If you want to get in on his show you don't act intelligent. You have to pretend to be ignorant, pissed off, and give the screener a softball that Barry will be able to hit out of the park..  Barry doesn't let people on the show that have a better point than him and are able to deliver it in a clear and calm manner.  It would ruin his self image of being the bestest republican ever.  Once you get on tell him what you really have to say.  tell the screener something like "barry is an idiot and I think he is really a democrat because.........."  and the screener will put you on.

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 12:02:32 AM EDT
[#2]
To be blunt, "Why are you letting people troll you in real life?". Even if it is some local AM celeb.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 8:26:23 AM EDT
[#3]
they have to call it the tea party flag... 1 because they are ignorant as fuck and 2 they always have to twist the true meaning of anything thats possibly threatening to their Agenda...
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 11:37:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Not upset but irritated. I work with a giant libtard and a few months ago he was all pissed off that his niehobor was flying one of those “Tea Party” flags and he thought he should have something terible happen to him. Of course there was no debating it’s true orgin as he is after all a libtard.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 1:41:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I think if the founding fathers of our country  came back to the present day.... the would return to 1776 and advise the colonies " let the British keep it, trust me!"
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 12:54:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I think if the founding fathers of our country  came back to the present day.... the would return to 1776 and advise the colonies " let the British keep it, trust me!"

yea no shit......
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 1:56:08 PM EDT
[#7]
As a military member this definitely pisses me off that it is being tied to the tea party, it was originally used as a marine flag.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 11:52:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

As a military member this definitely pisses me off that it is being tied to the tea party, it was originally used as a marine flag.

I have actually been shit talked by a military mamber for having it tattood on my arm and having never served.  The flag is a symbol of our revolution and a piece of American history. it belongs to all of us. It shouldn't be branded to any particular group whether it be the military or the tea party. It'a an american flag.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:54:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I have actually been shit talked by a military mamber for having it tattood on my arm and having never served.  The flag is a symbol of our revolution and a piece of American history. it belongs to all of us. It shouldn't be branded to any particular group whether it be the military or the tea party. It'a an american flag.

very true
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:41:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Quoted:

You are proudly supporting the military and America by choosing that image as a tattoo. You could have tattooed some tribal bullshit on your arm but instead you chose to be patriotic of your own free will. So fuck that guy.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:46:10 AM EDT
[#11]
well I think most peeps dont realy know what the tea party did back during the revolutionary war, nor do peeps realy resd the flag DONT TREAD ON ME, it seems history will repeat itself, since no one in the gov. realt has learned from it. Dont get me wrong I love my country, I just hate what its become. as my great,great ,great...... grampa fought at Lexington.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:49:53 AM EDT
[#12]
The Tea party may very well be our only hope to save this country .
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:33:47 AM EDT
[#13]
The Tea Party may save this country if it doesn't get high jacked by the social issues focused on by the wingnuts of the Republican Party.  Unfortunately, we are starting to see some social creepage in to the Tea Party agenda.  If they can stay focused on, Taxed Enough Already, they may have a chance.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:25:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The Tea Party may save this country if it doesn't get high jacked by the social issues focused on by the wingnuts of the Republican Party.  Unfortunately, we are starting to see some social creepage in to the Tea Party agenda.  If they can stay focused on, Taxed Enough Already, they may have a chance.

I already think it's too late for that, with some local exceptions in groups.  Once Palin and Huckabee and Beck started flying the colors, it became co-opted.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:28:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:

back in the day when the Gadsden flag was first flown if you were age 16 to 65 had a musket, dry powder, pillow ticking and 60 round balls you were in the Militia no exceptions.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:30:34 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

back in the day when the Gadsden flag was first flown if you were age 16 to 65 had a musket, dry powder, pillow ticking and 60 round balls you were in the Militia no exceptions.
i still see it that way

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:55:03 AM EDT
[#17]
when it come to the future political stuff, all I can realy think of is " hey even Rome fell".....
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:32:39 AM EDT
[#18]
It will be interesting to see what my new neighbors (I just moved) say when I fly it on July 4th...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top