Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2011 2:46:43 PM EDT
Planning to move up to the North (No not because of all the Baja junk, although it'll be nice to say goodbye). I will work out of the city of Phoenix, however I need to start off with some cheap priced apartments. Perhaps in the $350-500 a month range. I'd like to live on the outskirts. Decent area, not too much trouble, LEO friendly, and good to start a family. Been to Phoenix but never lived there, heard a lot of scary stories (as I'm sure you have of Nogales) so I'd like to turn that impression around. I appreciate you guys taking the time to read this so thanks in advance
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:22:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Phoenix would be "Central Arizona". There really is a lot of land north of there.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 6:53:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Apologies, Central
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 7:23:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Planning to move up to the North (No not because of all the Baja junk, although it'll be nice to say goodbye). I will work out of the city of Phoenix, however I need to start off with some cheap priced apartments. Perhaps in the $350-500 a month range. I'd like to live on the outskirts. Decent area, not too much trouble, LEO friendly, and good to start a family. Been to Phoenix but never lived there, heard a lot of scary stories (as I'm sure you have of Nogales) so I'd like to turn that impression around. I appreciate you guys taking the time to read this so thanks in advance

Just a thought, you could buy a house and get your mortgage in the 300-500 dollar range. My mortgage is 500 and I have what I consider a big house.

Link Posted: 3/17/2011 8:00:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I live in Queen Creek and absolutely love it out here. However, I work in downtown Phoenix, the commute is about 45 min each way but manageable if your hours are decent. Houses out here are fairly cheap and if you can get a mortgage, you are looking at $300-$800 for a payment on a decent house. Rent is higher right now because of all of the foreclosures. People are moving out of homes and into condo/apartments all over the valley. There are still some OK deals out there to be had for apartments, they may just not be in the areas you want to be in. Check out Valley King Properties (www.valleyking.com), they are a locator service that is free to use. I had used them 3 times when I was living in apartments to help me find the best deals in the areas I wanted to be in, and they were great.

Good Luck!
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 8:49:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Getting a home might not be a bad idea gents, I'll look into this first!
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 9:26:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Just get a house. I'm paying less than $500/month for a 3 bedroom on a large lot, in a nice area if phoenix.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 9:41:13 AM EDT
[#7]
After insurance and tax.. $495/mo for my house in chandler.  1240sq ft, 3bed 2bath, NO HOA, big back yard and a 500sqft garage.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 10:14:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Damn, so house is the way to go huh? The allure of an apartment is pretty much dead to me now.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 10:32:59 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Damn, so house is the way to go huh? The allure of an apartment is pretty much dead to me now.

Yeah why not man, they are the same price monthly. And one someone is making a profit off of you and the other you are making a profit.

For the most part apartments attract the worst kind of people. I lived in an apartment for a little over a year and I swore to never live there again. The owner of the apartments is just out to get as much money as he can from you, and all of your neighbors are on drugs.

If you start house shopping then let us know, a couple of us just bought houses so we have lots of tips to give. Also I have an awesome realtor who has been working with my family for 17 years.

Link Posted: 3/17/2011 11:40:19 AM EDT
[#10]
wow... I think some of us have different visions of "big"... in my mind small is anything less than 2000sq ft... maybe I am spoiled...

Richard
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 11:58:45 AM EDT
[#11]
10-4 Res, I'll be taking the home buying route. I should be heading out there by late May. And yeah you're spolied, to me big is 1400 and up!

P.S. True that on the drugs, I live in an apt right now and every other weekend my neighbor gets a DV or someone is yelling or there's a baby sitting in the middle of the driveway or a break in...blah blah blah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top