Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2011 6:25:03 PM EDT
Glad this guy is on our side!

Operating from a remote patrol base in Helmand, two British snipers were responsible for killing 75 Taliban fighters in just 40 days. In one remarkable feat of marksmanship, two insurgents were dispatched with a single bullet.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/8376808/Dead-Men-Risen-The-snipers-story.html

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:10:54 PM EDT
[#1]
They immediately saw this in their scopes after that shot

You Have Earned a Trophy:
Two Birds One Stone
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:41:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Good.

The Helmand Province is not a fun place, I lived there for a long time.

The British ROE is so awesome, if a U.S. soldier had done that he would be going to jail for war crimes.

Those guys are awesome. Good story.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:04:09 PM EDT
[#3]
under the rules of engagement, the walkie-talkie the Taliban pair were carrying was designated a hostile act.

That's the way it should be.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 9:00:35 AM EDT
[#4]
You would think it happen more often ,when a 50 is used .
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:14:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Good.

The British ROE is so awesome, if a U.S. soldier had done that he would be going to jail for war crimes.

Seriously?

WTF is wrong with us?

And good shooting!
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:45:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good.

Seriously?

WTF is wrong with us?
And good shooting!

Oh yeah, shoot a guy with a radio in the U.S. Army and you would be in prison so fast. My truck was investigated for something really stupid, I'm not going to get into it because people will whine about me saying bad truthful things about the .mil. Pretty much it was the middle of the night and we started taking fire on the left side of our truck, it was pitch black and all we could see were muzzle flashes so we fired back. That was a no go for many different reasons and we were investigated, the investigation was dropped a couple of months later but I couldn't even believe someone would question us for that, it blew my mind.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:35:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Good.

Seriously?

WTF is wrong with us?

And good shooting!

Oh yeah, shoot a guy with a radio in the U.S. Army and you would be in prison so fast. My truck was investigated for something really stupid, I'm not going to get into it because people will whine about me saying bad truthful things about the .mil. Pretty much it was the middle of the night and we started taking fire on the left side of our truck, it was pitch black and all we could see were muzzle flashes so we fired back. That was a no go for many different reasons and we were investigated, the investigation was dropped a couple of months later but I couldn't even believe someone would question us for that, it blew my mind.

Sad, very sad
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:58:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Good.

Seriously?

WTF is wrong with us?

And good shooting!

Unfortunately, it does seem this shit is becoming the norm.

On March 20th, 2009, Army Ranger 1st Lieutenant Michael Behenna was sentenced to 25 years in prison for killing Ali Mansur, a known Al Qaeda operative while serving in Iraq. Mansur was known to be a member of an Al Qaeda cell operating in the lieutenant’s area of operation and Army intelligence believed he organized an attack on Lt. Behenna’s platoon in April 2008 which killed two U.S. soldiers and injured two more. Army intelligence ordered the release of Mansur and Lt. Behenna was ordered to return the terrorist to his home.
During the return of Mansur, Lt. Behenna again questioned the Al Qaeda member for information about other members of the terrorist cell, and financial supporters. During this interrogation, Mansur attacked Lt. Behenna, who killed the terrorist in self-defense. The government subsequently prosecuted Lt. Behenna for premeditated murder.

http://www.defendmichael.com/

His mom did a segment on LibertyWatch ( a local radio program here in Tucson) which you can listen to if you want to hear more about it.
Lt. Behenna's mother on Liberty Watch

This is one hell of a way to treat our men and women in uniform.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top