Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2010 6:00:55 AM EDT
I have a VZ-58 clone from CAI that I'd like to SBR.  This will involve cutting 4.5" off the bbl, rethreading and crowning with either 14x1 RH or LH threads (depending on the compensator I go with) as well as moving and pinning the front sight base.  Lastly, I'm assuming some gas port work will need to be done to make it run 100%.

Does anyone know of a smith in the valley area that works on AKs or  VZs?

Thanks,
Sean
Mesa
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 8:14:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried contacting ARS to see if he would do the work for ya?

http://arizonaresponsesystems.com/
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 9:03:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Not yet....I literally don't know anyone who specializes in AKs.  Thanks for the tip....I'll shoot him an email and see if it's something he can work on.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Sean
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 12:46:44 PM EDT
[#3]
ARS and AZEX both do a large volume of AK work and both have top notch quality.  You won't be disappointed in either.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 1:44:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Ward at Magnum Precision has done some work on a couple of my AKs. They are located in Shooter's World.

602-200-0943
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 2:44:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
ARS and AZEX both do a large volume of AK work and both have top notch quality.  You won't be disappointed in either.

ARS wasn't interested.  Not sure why exactly....he steered me towards an AK instead.

Here's a pic of what I'd like to build (except I'd change the stock and add a brake).

Here's what mine looks like now...

What does AZEX stand for?

Thanks,
Sean
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 2:45:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ward at Magnum Precision has done some work on a couple of my AKs. They are located in Shooter's World.

602-200-0943

Thanks for the tip....I'll check with them tomorrow.

Sean
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 4:41:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What does AZEX stand for?

Thanks,
Sean

www.azexarms.com
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 4:57:55 PM EDT
[#8]
where did that rear stock come from?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top