Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2010 3:42:11 PM EDT
I'm heading to Tucson on Feb 28 to do some work out at Pinal Air Park and possibly DM. I'm staying at the Hampton Inn on N. Oracle near W. Rudasill Rd and really don't feel like hanging out at the bar across the street every night.

Any suggestions on how to spend my evenings?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/17/2010 4:04:33 PM EDT
[#1]
You could always head down to the Marksman and get in a little range time.  It is a indoor range and about 3.5 miles south of where you will be staying.
Link Posted: 2/17/2010 6:03:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Pima air musuem...titan missle mueseum.. all the gun shops......  Sportsmans warehouse.
Link Posted: 2/17/2010 6:42:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Bring your passport and cross the border in Nogales.  About an hour drive south (part of which is leaving town).  It's not as dangerous as people make it out to be.
Saguaro Nat'l Park isn't bad.
Titan missile museum.
Tombstone (kind of hokey, bit of a drive).
Biosphere, north on Oracle.
El Guero Canelo restaurant.
Sonoran hot dogs.

San Xavier mission just a few minutes south.  Worth a see.
Link Posted: 2/17/2010 7:57:49 PM EDT
[#4]
WELL THE WEATHER SHOULD BE WARM.  YOU COULD RENT A JEEP OR QUADS ECT FOR OFF ROAD ACTIVITIES.
SHOOTING IF YOU BRING GUNS. AWAYS INDOOR RANGES THAT YOU CAN RENT GUNS BUT NOT AS FUN AS SHOOTING OUT IN THE DESERT AND BLOWING THINGS UP.

HORSE BACK RIDING!

HIKING!

HANG OUT A THE POOL !

OLD TUSCON STUDIOS

DRIVE UP TO SUMMER HAVEN  TOP OF THE MOUNTAINS NOT A FAR DRIVE OUTSIDE OF TUCSON . THEIRS A SKI RESORT UP THERE.

THEIRS EVERYTHING TO DO IN ARIZONA BESIDES THE OCEAN.
Link Posted: 2/17/2010 8:17:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Bring your passport and cross the border in Nogales.  About an hour drive south (part of which is leaving town).  It's not as dangerous as people make it out to be.

Dibs on guns and any valuable possessions.

I used to cross the line when I was down there, about ten years ago.  Now... there's nothing out there that's worth my life or kidneys.

CTBAYOR

(Cross The Border At Your Own Risk.)
Link Posted: 2/17/2010 9:04:02 PM EDT
[#6]
We could do a night shoot at a private range if you want.
Link Posted: 2/18/2010 4:55:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all the suggestions!

Aside from having to make an evening run up to Sports Chalet in Chandler, my evenings are wide open. Looks like I'll find something to do thanks to you guys!
Link Posted: 2/18/2010 6:45:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Sierra Vista, (Ft. Huachuca)  Then the Charleston Road across the Clanton Ranch to Tombstone. (only 14 miles from Walmart)  You cross the San Pedro where the Morman BN fought the Battle of the Bulls.  Ft. Huachuca has a great museum.  Have lunch at the Stronghold now called Daisey Mays as it was part of the original Stagestop in Fry, GREAT steaks.
Link Posted: 2/18/2010 9:28:03 AM EDT
[#9]
+1 for Titan Missile  and Pima Air and space.... Tombstone kinda sucks... the courthouse was cool but it was a town that developed like any other and then picked a section to turn back as a tourist attraction.... it's not like it was preserved from the 1800's ....

Richard
Link Posted: 2/18/2010 4:40:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Just found out my trip has been extended 5 days, which means staying over the weekend. Guess I'll see about taking the tour of the Titan museum!

BTW, the last three days of my trip will be conducting training at Davis Monthan. Can anyone suggest a decent (Hampton Inn / Marriot quality) hotel nearby? Thanks!

Link Posted: 2/18/2010 6:19:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just found out my trip has been extended 5 days, which means staying over the weekend. Guess I'll see about taking the tour of the Titan museum!

BTW, the last three days of my trip will be conducting training at Davis Monthan. Can anyone suggest a decent (Hampton Inn / Marriot quality) hotel nearby? Thanks!

There are a ton of Hotels by the airport that may be convenient for you for being near DM.  There is also a Hilton on Broadway and a brand new Hampton on Wilmot near Broadway that will put you in the center of a lot of stuff.  None are that close to DM, but I would go with the Wilmot Hampton or the Hilton.

Southwest Regional shoting park is South on Houghton very near the 10 where you can shoot out to 200Y––unless that is what sort of training you are doing during the week.
Link Posted: 2/19/2010 8:29:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Get out of Tucson ASAP. Dirty ass city
Link Posted: 2/19/2010 9:30:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Need I say more?

Link Posted: 2/20/2010 4:23:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/20/2010 7:54:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Get some tickets to the "Cisco Kid" at the Gaslight Theater for one of your evenings.

Might just do that.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 2/27/2010 8:00:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Need I say more?

http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID17817/images/091223135823ArizonaWildcats.png

Yup they suck!

ASU for the win!
Link Posted: 2/27/2010 8:41:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/27/2010 10:06:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Cruise Valencia and flip off gangbangers for some action.
Link Posted: 3/3/2010 8:33:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Gates Pass is purdy.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:40:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Kartchner Caverns State Park on the way to Sierra Vista. Tombstone is down that way too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top