Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2009 6:04:52 AM EDT
Hopefully I can make it to get my prints today and have my CCW in the mail following a great class in Sierra Vista this past weekend.  Anyone know the current turnaround for permits?

On the plus side, Household 6 took the class with me, and the instructor held an intro to defensive pistol/IDPA light class yesterday included with the fee of the CCW course, and she really got into it.  Now not only is her Smith Airweight snub not good enough, she wants a competition rig and a new glock/xd/MP by next weekend, woe is me

WIfe has been a shooter all her life, country girl, but this is the first time I have actually seen her take an active interest and doing research on guns and gear and competing...so we'll see how this goes.
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 9:38:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I had to renew my CCW back in February. Took about 6 weeks from the time I mailed it in to the time I got my new permit back.

At the time, I was told they had a big backlog and were keying in many, many requests. They are very understaffed. Don't know if things have improved lately, but unfortunately there is nothing you can do but wait.
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 9:52:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Applicants

Please allow approximately 75 days for the processing of your permit application. We are experiencing an increased volume of applications and are currently operating with minimum staffing levels.

http://ccw.azdps.gov/
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 2:07:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I sent mine in February and got it back exactly six weeks later.
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 2:44:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I sent mine in with a return receipt and they received it Jan 16.  I got it back on Feb 6.

My neighbor took the class with me, and sent his in before I did (w/o receipt) and it took him 2 weeks longer.
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 9:19:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I took my class and submitted my paperwork back in November of last year.  I think the turnaround time from paperwork submission to permit in the mail was roughly 4 weeks.  Word on the street is they're processing them as fast as possible.
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 11:17:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Before "The One" became our President,  the wait time was minimal.  I renewed in June of 08 and had my new permit in under 10 days mail box to mail box.
Link Posted: 6/4/2009 3:07:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Wow. I got mine a year ago and it took exactly one week. My buddy has been waiting 8 weeks so far on his that he mailed at the end of March.
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 8:30:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah got mine back in like 2 weeks.  But that was 6 mo. ago.  Buddy has been waiting 4 weeks so far.
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 2:54:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I sent mine in Apr 14th and got mine back on the 2nd of June. I have a buddy from work that sent his in a day earlier than me and still hasn't got his though.
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 11:17:51 PM EDT
[#10]
New apps are taking 70-75 days, renewals are taking around 45. (just got mine)
4 years ago, my renewal took 3 days.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 11:05:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I mailed mine and my wife's on the 20th of Apr.  I got mine on the 12th of June.  my wife has not gotten hers yet.  however, I am active duty Military, and my prints are already loaded in the FBI database.  so I am sure that that expedited the approval!

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:26:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I mailed mine and my wife's on the 20th of Apr.  I got mine on the 12th of June.  my wife has not gotten hers yet.  however, I am active duty Military, and my prints are already loaded in the FBI database.  so I am sure that that expedited the approval!

Hope thats the case for me too...sometimes .mil has its advantages
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:17:58 PM EDT
[#13]
7 weeks for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top