Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2009 8:46:55 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:26:05 AM EDT
[#1]
considering our current open boarders policy (thanks to our new head of DHS) and the fact it started in Mexico.... I am surprised it took this long...

Richard
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 10:13:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Given that the majority of suspected swine flu/H1N1 cases in the United States have been from people (Americans) returning from trips to Mexico, and not illegals sneaking under fences in Nogales, only a complete cessation of all air travel into the US and closing of all entry-points would have prevented this...assuming that you could have done it prior to any infected people returning to the US, most of whom were likely asymptomatic upon arrival.

However, now that it's known to be here, closing borders and such would prevent anyone else from bringing it back, significantly reducing the chance of it taking hold someplace it currently isn't.

However, to completely stop/significantly reduce the spread, you would have to stop all air traffic within the US and practically quarantine everyone to give it a chance to run its course.  Considering the economic and social costs of this such a drastic action (how would food get transported between states, gasoline delivered to stations, etc.), this isn't going to happen.

If this near-pandemic runs similar to the 1918 flu, then it's in the fall when we'll really have to worry.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 10:27:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Oh Noes!

(what would Jake Green do?)
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 1:12:12 PM EDT
[#4]
If they try to force a vaccine on us refuse . Remember the last swine flu outbreak where the government killed a bunch of people with the vaccine that was supposed to save us ? I will not take one and will do what it takes to stop someone from trying to give me one .

Baxter who is making the vaccine got caught trying to release a flu shot in poor european countries that contained live H5N1 virus along with a airborne strain that would have mutated and spread across the earth very quickly .
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 1:14:41 PM EDT
[#5]
The school that was closed is attended by my co-workers kid, wonderful!

Who's got dibs on my guns and ammo?
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 1:34:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The school that was closed is attended by my co-workers kid, wonderful!

Who's got dibs on my guns and ammo?

I wouldn't worry too much , what it mutates into this fall is what I would be concerned about . I am amazed at all the attention this is getting .
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 2:00:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh I know, I'm just being a smart ass.

My ex gf is losing her mind though.

You'd think this is Ebola Zaire from the way people are reacting...
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 2:07:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

But just to be safe, you better send all your guns and ammo to me... you know, just incase....

Hasn't the "regular" Flu killed something like 1300 people so far this year....  Just sayin.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 7:21:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If they try to force a vaccine on us refuse . Remember the last swine flu outbreak where the government killed a bunch of people with the vaccine that was supposed to save us ? I will not take one and will do what it takes to stop someone from trying to give me one .

Baxter who is making the vaccine got caught trying to release a flu shot in poor european countries that contained live H5N1 virus along with a airborne strain that would have mutated and spread across the earth very quickly .

+1

History pretty much shows us the vaccine is a far greater threat than the flu itself. They will not give me a vaccine.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 7:22:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

But just to be safe, you better send all your guns and ammo to me... you know, just incase....

Hasn't the "regular" Flu killed something like 1300 people so far this year....  Just sayin.

Yup, but the 1300 that the regular flu killed were mostly old and already dying of something else at a rate of about 0.01% of those infected.
The people dying of this strain are mostly young and healthy at a rate of around 6%.

I'll let you figure out the importance of those statistical differences
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 10:40:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

History pretty much shows us the vaccine is a far greater threat than the flu itself. They will not give me a vaccine.

One more thing , there is NO LAW that makes you vaccinate your children . The schools all lie to force you to do it . There is no child with Autism that was not vaccinated , think about this one people .
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 5:55:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

One more thing , there is NO LAW that makes you vaccinate your children . The schools all lie to force you to do it . There is no child with Autism that was not vaccinated , think about this one people .

This may be true but there are many children with brain damage and other disabilities from not being vaccinated... it's really a crap shoot. Every parent needs to weigh the risks and benefits and make their own decision... no one should ever be forced! It's total BS what some of the schools do. Too many schools teach conformity and discourage critical thinking...

Richard
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top