Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2008 5:31:07 PM EDT

FOLKS IT LOOKS LIKE IT'S TIME TO GET SERIOUSLY INVOLVED WITH YOUR STATE REPS REGARDING THE SECOND AMENDMENT. HB 2833 , IF PASSED WILL REQUIRE CODED AMMUNITION BE SOLD/PURCHASED  IN THIS STATE IN THE NEXT TWO YEARS. UNDER TITLE 41 CHAPTER 42  WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PURCHASE AMMUNITION OR POSSIBLY COMPONENTS, IE. PROJECTILES W/O  THIS CODING ON THEM. WE WILL APPARENTLY BE IN VIOLATION OF THE LAW WITHIN TWO YEARS IF NON CODED AMMO IS IN YOUR P0SSESSION. THIS  BILL WAS SPONSORED BY  GARCIA , ALVAREZ, BRADLEY AND CAMPBELL.

I WAS ON THE PHONE WITH  MY REP FOR AND HOUR AND A HALF TODAY ABOUT THIS AND A NUMBER OF OTHER  ISSUES.  

WE NEED TO BE VOCAL. THE ARIZONA STATE RIFLE AND PISTOL ASSOC. ALSO NEEDS SOME SUPPORT. THINK ABOUT JOINING  , CONTACT THEM AND  INQUIRE ABOUT   THEIR  RECOURSE REGARDING THIS RIDICULOUS LEGISLATION.

Phil Hayes
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:57:45 PM EDT
[#1]

Okay , I'm behind the power curve.

Jason passed on the link , I'm sure most of the regulars know already but the Bill is dead. The federal version is next I'm sure.

Phil

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:28:31 PM EDT
[#2]
FYI I did write when I first heard about this as well when it was first introduced.  Since then it has gone no where as you said, thank goodness.  I think a lot of people realized how stupid and unhelpful this would have been.  No to mention the fact that there are so many loopholes to it it's not even funny.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 8:55:25 PM EDT
[#3]
AGNTSA

This bill was introduced LAST SESSION.  It died.  It never made it to a committee hearing.

http://azleg.gov/DocumentsForBill.asp?Bill_Number=HB2833&image.x=7&image.y=9

I really wish people would do some research before crying that the sky is falling.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 2:19:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm OK with Phil crying wolf myself, but that is because he is a bad assed instructor.
I just wish he'd learn where the Caps button is.

Jay
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 8:21:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 12:16:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
One more reason why every gun owner in AZ should join the AZCDL (Arizona Citizens Defense League). They are our bull dogs in the state capitol...

http://www.azcdl.org

+99999999999999999999

JOIN OR DIE!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top