Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2008 2:30:57 AM EDT
We make a vacation out of the NRA conventions.  Next year you guys have it in Phoenix Arizona.  I haven't been able to find the exact dates yet though.  It's sometime in May but I can't find the dates yet.

Just wondering if any of you locals have heard yet?

I'll see you all down there next year.

UPDATE:  Information has been posted about the convention.  May 15 - May 19
www.nraam.org/default.asp
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 8:42:33 AM EDT
[#1]
... Cool, just in time for the remodeled convention center
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 9:18:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Great, I haven't been to one in 10 years or so.  I'm looking forward to finding Tom Gresham (Gun Talk) and seeing if I can get him to say the word "Glock" without following it with "but".  I expect it will be like trying to get a woman to say "I was wrong" to her husband.  
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 12:28:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 5:57:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
don't know the dates, but will be working the POF booth, stop in and say HI.....

You bet!  See you there.  Looks like you guys have a beautiful city.  Can't wait to check it out.  I also LOVE your gun laws!!  Now if I can get my carry piece through the airport.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:58:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
We make a vacation out of the NRA conventions.  Next year you guys have it in Phoenix Arizona.  I haven't been able to find the exact dates yet though.  It's sometime in May but I can't find the dates yet.

Just wondering if any of you locals have heard yet?

I'll see you all down there next year.

I did a tread about it when it was first announced!

I cant wait, ill be saving up to attend the dinner on Saturday night.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:59:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
don't know the dates, but will be working the POF booth, stop in and say HI.....

May 15th thru the 17th?
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 9:10:14 PM EDT
[#7]
What goes on at the NRA convention?Is it a gun show?
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 11:04:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I've never been to one, I'll definitely try to make it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 12:34:45 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
What goes on at the NRA convention?Is it a gun show?

It's a gun show the likes of which mere mortals rarely are allowed to attend.  In addition to the show there are seminars from hunting big game, to carrying concealed weapons.  There are also meetings at which speakers of some "fame" will speak at.  From the Vice President of the U.S. one year to the President of NRA every year.  Celebrities show up too.  This year we saw Glenn Beck, Oliver North, and the Nuge.  Lot's and lots more, too much to mention.  A great time to meat gun lovers and 2nd amendment folks.

It's not up yet but Google 2009 NRA convention every month.  Lots of info.

Oh yea, and get to the American values banquet.  The food's airline stuff, but the  speakers are always worth the 65 bucks.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 10:18:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You bet!  See you there.  Looks like you guys have a beautiful city.  Can't wait to check it out.  I also LOVE your gun laws!!  Now if I can get my carry piece through the airport.

Declared, in your checked baggage, you shouldn't have a problem.  Sometimes you may have to educate the ticket counter people, but it's completely legal.  Just don't let them tape the "unloaded firearm" tag on the outside of your bag, and make sure that the bag gets locked.  (TSA doesn't always do a great job of making sure the latches are locked, so if they want to inspect it, ask to be there to secure it afterwards.)

I haven't been to an NRA Convention since the last one in Phoenix.  I'm really looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:28:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Since I've never been to one, I will definitely be there!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:55:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Great, I haven't been to one in 10 years or so.  I'm looking forward to finding Tom Gresham (Gun Talk) and seeing if I can get him to say the word "Glock" without following it with "but".  I expect it will be like trying to get a woman to say "I was wrong" to her husband.  

Took the boy forever to figure out that Zumbo was wrong...
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:33:13 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Since I've never been to one, I will definitely be there!

+1 will certainly try my best to make it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:29:54 PM EDT
[#14]
,,,,, not a chance in Hell,,,,,,

Jay
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top