Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2008 6:36:19 PM EDT
Boys and girls due to the enjoyment level acheived during the last AK shoot,  I am using my super secret decoder ring to set up another one.

Heres what the girl scouts who didn't attend last time missed

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=13&t=294586

Check it out:

date: August  2nd (saturday) (target date unless compelling reason to change apears)
time: 9 AM
location: Tucson - Redington Pass (third shooting spot, on the left)
purpose: Shoot, meet, show off, have fun
intent: provide an opertunity for all you Автомат Калашникова fans to get together

only 2 rules for this puppy...

1. Firearms safety is to be first and foremost! You will get voted off the f'in island if not.

2. You must bring an AK47 or variant (SKS does not count). Saigas, VEPRs, WASRs, AK-47s, AK74s, RPKs, RPK74s, AK100s are all good to go.

Ofcourse, parking space will be limited, but I don't see an issue if you park keeping in mind that more folks will be showing up.

I intend to shoot 2-3k rounds, I suggest you bring it like you meen it!

If you think bringing 2k of ammo is too much, take another puff on the crack pipe, cuase it ain't. I took just over 5k of 5.45 and brought about 130 rounds home (only cuase they were hidden in gun cases)

I understand that it will be "hot out there" and that the monsoons may be in force, sack up and show up anyway!

See you all there!
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 7:05:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Pending work, I'll take the day off and will be there.  If I can get some decent .308, I'll bring my AR's and bolt gun.  Don't know if my better - and much, MUCH more sexy - other half will be in town or not.  
Link Posted: 5/29/2008 7:20:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm thinking I can make that.
Link Posted: 5/29/2008 6:00:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Phreakmode, after seeing your toys at the dead day shoot, I don't think I can miss this.  Neither will my MAK-90 or WASR.
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 5:20:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Count me in, I had a great time at the last one and have been looking forward to the next ever since. I just finished brewing 10 gallons of beer so I can provide refreshments after we are finished shooting.

Phreakmode, Can you bring up my bowling pins that I left there during the last shoot?

Desert_Dog
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 10:09:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Dang, I really need to get an AK!
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 3:59:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Count me in, I had a great time at the last one and have been looking forward to the next ever since. I just finished brewing 10 gallons of beer so I can provide refreshments after we are finished shooting.

Phreakmode, Can you bring up my bowling pins that I left there during the last shoot?

Desert_Dog

sure can!
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 8:46:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Me too. But first I need a job.

Tag for interest. If I do indeed get a job before then and can make it, I will do my best to be there. The pics from the last one made it look like I missed quite a shoot.
Link Posted: 6/15/2008 1:51:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Update, date is set solid for August 2nd. Start scavenging tin cans for your ammo now!
Link Posted: 6/15/2008 7:51:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Damn...I was going to bring an AK but I changed my mind and brung my new CA94 instead

Anyone got a cheap WASR for sell lol

Quoted:

Do it

I wouldn't trade mine for the world.

Link Posted: 6/23/2008 2:12:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

you've got just over 5 weeks! start cashing in those tin Coors cans now!
Link Posted: 6/24/2008 8:38:39 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Money isn't the problem...  It's the time to figure out what's good, bad, and ugly in the AK world!
Link Posted: 6/24/2008 11:14:10 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Money isn't the problem...  It's the time to figure out what's good, bad, and ugly in the AK world!

I'm not sure where you're located but DiamondBack Police supplies in Tucson has a Milled Arsenal w/blonde wood for 900.00. It's in very good condition...almost new like if you ask me.

Arsenal used to be one of the better AK builders until recent years where things to have gottern sloppy. They haven't built a Milled AK in a while. Anyhow, I have a Milled Arsenal and wouldn't trade it for the world. It's pretty dang accurate compared to my other two AKs.

Link Posted: 6/25/2008 9:58:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the info, Ray!
Link Posted: 6/25/2008 2:27:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Hey, no problem,

DiamondBack also has some stamped reciver AKs if you're looking for something a little cheaper but I think they're all WASR10s though. It's a hit or miss with a WASR10...their your cheaper AKs which was originaly sold with a single stack magazine. So they had to cut out the receiver to fit a double stack magazine. So you will run across a WASR10 that has some mag wobble. The front sights are some times canted as well. I got lucky with my WASR..it does fine, except with HP ammo. The feed ramps need to be smooth out I think on WASRs...but they fire FMJ just fine.

Now you're close enough to J&GSales that you can have a rifle shipped to a FFL in a matter of days. I would look into a Yugo AB2/B1 or a Tantal....the Tantal actually uses a 5.45x39 which is still dirt cheap and has very little recoil compared to a 7.62X39. I shot a friends once and it was a hoot. Anyhow, you can pick up one of those for around 400.00-700.00.
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 5:03:47 PM EDT
[#15]
ok, time to start getting a count for this. Please post if you will at bad mama jamma.
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 9:28:23 AM EDT
[#16]
I didn't make the last one but just may have to come to this one. Quick tip, go to Harbor Freight and buy a $7.50 yard magnet. Makes cleaning up steel cases a snap! I have a couple postys I'll bring, AK, Krink and RPD. And since I recently got the AK bug I'll also bring a Yugo SBR and recently suppressed my "beater" Romey G. Works prett good with a .308 can. I guess I need a few thousand rounds...
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 8:26:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 7:45:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Count me in.  Bringing friends and sunscreen this time!
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 2:51:06 PM EDT
[#19]
3 weeks away says procrastinators get your ammo stacked and your bags packed!

Quoted:
Count me in.  Bringing friends and sunscreen this time!  

Excellent! Fill all your friends pockets with AMMO!

Quoted:

Desert_Dog

I think I PMd you a response to this but the brain is under worked and over paid lately, er uh... yes I sure can!

See you people there
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 3:36:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 3:39:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 4:45:34 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Gonna post a map?  All the years I've lived in Tucson I've never been to Redington pass.

sure, try this google map out, you can right click on the map and change the starting point to your preference
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 10:00:54 AM EDT
[#23]
I really intended to have this AK shoot be once a year, but due to the current political climate, climbing prices of all things firearm related and the realization that there is no time the present, I was compelled to set up part 2.

This shoot is 3 weeks away and regardless if 10 people show up or 50, I can guarantee you that AK barrels will get hot, ammo will get consumed, and a friggin good time will be had.

August 2nd, 9 am - see you there my friends  
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 5:36:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Thanks Phreakmode,
I got a new Bulgarian SLR95 since the last shoot that I am trying to outfit with a new ironwood stock so you guys won't make fun of the ugly thumbhole stock that is on there right now, but I'll bring it either way. I've got 5 gallons of beer on tap ready for the after shoot clean up party.

Desert_Dog
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 11:02:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 4:00:35 PM EDT
[#26]
I only have a Ruger GP100 rev. (which is the ak of rev.'s) can I come too??
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:22:28 PM EDT
[#27]
13 days and counting...

bring AKs and AMMO
Link Posted: 7/29/2008 7:21:54 AM EDT
[#28]
I'll be bringing at least one of the new AK Lightning Bolts. I'll switch it from a semi to full auto. It's a pretty cool improvement.
Link Posted: 7/29/2008 9:31:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Saturday is low and moving fast! Only a few more days to go

I will be there around 7:30 to do some prelim cleanup/line set up

Quoted:
I'll be bringing at least one of the new AK Lightning Bolts. I'll switch it from a semi to full auto. It's a pretty cool improvement.

Sounds good!

Link Posted: 8/1/2008 8:52:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Sorry gang, I have to runa demo Saturday. Just came up and it's business.
Link Posted: 8/1/2008 1:06:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Good news = I'll be there around 0830.
Bad news = I don't have an AK, but I'll bring my RRA AR15 and my newly built AR10.  I've only got about 250rds of 5.56 and about 80 of .308 since my "supply" has been moved to Colorado in advance of my move next week.  Oh yeah, I can only stay for about 2 hours or so.  

Hope to see some familiar faces out there!!!
Link Posted: 8/1/2008 2:30:40 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

sorry to hear you can't make it out

Quoted:
Bad news = I don't have an AK, but I'll bring my RRA AR15 and my newly built AR10.  I've only got about 250rds of 5.56 and about 80 of .308 since my "supply" has been moved to Colorado in advance of my move next week.  Oh yeah, I can only stay for about 2 hours or so.  

its public domain, bring what ya got
Link Posted: 8/1/2008 3:09:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Wish you guys were not so far away the last shoot was a killer drive.I think it was 300 miles round trip from Phoenix...You guys have fun and take some pics for us!
Link Posted: 8/1/2008 10:00:26 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Wish you guys were not so far away the last shoot was a killer drive.I think it was 300 miles round trip from Phoenix...You guys have fun and take some pics for us!

no problemo!
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 5:32:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Lets hope the rain and thunderstorms last night didn't do any damage out that way!!  I'm heading out in about one hour.  Should be there within 30-40 min or so.  See ya'll there!
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 7:16:02 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

sorry to hear you can't make it out

Quoted:

its public domain, bring what ya got

Sorry, and I am only 10 minutes from the start of the dirt rd. I have to drive 18 miles to the demo. And I bought a friggin metric ton of 5.45X39 I was planning to burn through. I guess it aint getting cheaper....
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 8:12:49 AM EDT
[#37]
I got called into work, I would have lovrd to make it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 8:47:42 AM EDT
[#38]
I was not able to go,  but I hope you all had a good time.  

Please post some pictures.  Make those of us that missed it jealous.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 11:57:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Great turn out guys...had a lot of fun this time around. Hope everyone else did as well. Thanks for the full-autos and exploding targets had a blast. looking forward to pics and video feeds.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 3:02:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Was a good time indeed. Great to catch up with some folks and the "helium balloons" were cool aswell! Right now, all I know is I need to rest up cuase tomorrow... I have a metric ton of AK-74s to clean.

I think the general consensus was, for the next shoot, "make it for October"
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 3:11:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Sorry I missed it, I just got home from work.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 9:25:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Maybe November, usually it's hot until after Halloween. Sorry I missed it. Home to see some pic
Link Posted: 8/3/2008 6:46:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Thanks to all for such a great event. I'd like to send an invitation to the Tucson Homebrew Club Octoberfest campout at Mt Lemmon on October 3 and 4 to all who attended. Email me for details. [email protected].

Desert_Dog
Link Posted: 8/5/2008 2:55:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Damn, wish I had looked at the hometown forum sooner! I was up there in Tuscon on SAT and my AK was in my trunk!  
Link Posted: 8/5/2008 4:29:02 PM EDT
[#45]
PICS OR BANNINATION !!!!!
Link Posted: 8/5/2008 10:32:35 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
PICS OR BANNINATION !!!!!

I think everyone was either too busy shooting or too busy hydrating to take pictures. This shoot was probably the least photo documented event in the history of Az shoots.... I am embarressed and welcome the ban
Link Posted: 8/5/2008 10:33:58 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Thanks to all for such a great event. I'd like to send an invitation to the Tucson Homebrew Club Octoberfest campout at Mt Lemmon on October 3 and 4 to all who attended. Email me for details. [email protected].

Desert_Dog

Sounds cool, litterly. I don't drink but the altitude sounds damn tempting!

I am still cleaning guns
Link Posted: 8/6/2008 12:52:25 PM EDT
[#48]
I'll see what I can do about pictures the young lady who came out to the shoot with her dad did take some pictures,also I left my steel targets up there for the rest of the shoot. If you have them drop me a IM so we can meet up.

Thanks

Neanderthal
Link Posted: 8/6/2008 1:23:07 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I'll see what I can do about pictures the young lady who came out to the shoot with her dad did take some pictures,also I left my steel targets up there for the rest of the shoot. If you have them drop me a IM so we can meet up.

Thanks

Neanderthal

I got your targets my man.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top